Yoga Meditation – The Logical Benefits?

1. johnscott00 profile image60
    johnscott00posted 4 years ago
    Yoga is a broad holistic practice which is beneficial to both physical and mental health through yoga poses (asanas), breathing techniques (pranayama) and meditation (dhyana).

Below are some quotes on Yoga by Patanjali and Iyengar and a list of some of the health benefits of yoga. Presently, this page is under construction and I will be adding more information on yoga, meditation and new age spirituality over time. I have been practicing hatha yoga for some years now and just love it. I have just recently discovered Chi Kung (an ancient Chinese martial art). I feel the benefits of both practices upon my life, body and mind. I hope to write more personally about my journey and include more information about these beautiful and important ancient arts.

All forms of Yoga originally contained meditation techniques. Some Hatha Yoga styles have little to no meditation time within the classroom structure. How did this happen and why? As Yoga was transplanted outside of India, many more forms took root.

This is not entirely a bad thing, but some of the core aspects of Hatha Yoga have been pushed aside in order to make time for more asana (posture) practice. Among the aspects, which have taken a back seat to asana, are meditation and pranayama (Yogic breathing).

2. SandyMcCollum profile image86
    SandyMcCollumposted 4 years ago

You should have made this your first hub.

1. DAWNEMARS profile image74
      DAWNEMARSposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Indeed- make a hub!