Naps are Not Just for Kids

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

5 Surprising Ways Naps Improve Your Health
    Naps aren't just for babies -- a daily nap gives surprising health benefits. Learn how naps improve your health, and how to get the most out of them.
    By Paula Spencer Scott,
    Some of the benefits are:
    .Naps help you avoid gaining weight.
    .Naps enhance sexual health.
    .Naps boost your memory and creativity
    .Naps improve alertness, keeping you safer. … our-health

I have mixed feeling about naps. I suffer from insomnia and think it will make it worse if I nap.
    Of course if you are working the boss may frown upon you napping at the desk...
    Everyday around 2pm,at work or not, I would become so tired and yawn constantly.
    I know I'm not alone.
    Some countries like Spain take two hour naps daily. Do they have the right idea?

1. 0
      klarawieckposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I take naps, so . . .  let's see if Paula's right:

- help avoid gaining weight: Um . . . nope, I still have a float around my waist.
      - enhance sexual health: (let me ask my husband) uh . . . he says "he wishes"
      - boost your energy and creativity: not my energy, that's for sure. My creativity on the other hand, doesn't need any boosting.
      - provide alertness keeping you safer: yeah, I mean, if you are not sleep deprived you'll be more alert. A five year old can tell you that!

Stacie, they need to fire this woman and hire you to write articles worth reading. Now, let me tell you this - if you were walking down the streets of Spain, say around 2pm, you'll find most businesses closed and only tourists walking down the streets. Everyone is at home having dinner and taking an hour nap before they return to work. big_smile