jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

Meth use and other drugs.

1. Dee42 profile image78
    Dee42posted 5 years ago via iphone

How can if a family member is high on Meth or just high? I'm totally lost on this. They have a long history of it in the past and was supposedly had quit. I have my suspicions, but don't want to say anything if they aren't using. Does this make sense?

1. nightwork4 profile image60
      nightwork4posted 5 years ago in reply to this

i'm an ex junkie and i'm hear to say "ask them". it's the best thing to do because you put them in a position where either they lie to you or they have to be honest. if you don't ask them, they will think that they are fooling everyone and nothing will change.

1. Dee42 profile image78
        Dee42posted 5 years ago in reply to this

thanks nightwork4, you are right. thank you, its my 48 year old brother and I love him.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 5 years ago

Call a drug counseling hotline and ask them.  They should be able to help you discern the situation.

1. Dee42 profile image78

Thanks relache, I need ask them some things anyway. There is a list. (little ha)

3. Hollie Thomas profile image60
    Hollie Thomasposted 5 years ago

When you use the term meth, are you referring to methadone? If so, then the user doesn't necessarily experience any high. This substance is used to substitute heroin but only in terms of warding off withdrawals. It is possible, and not unusual, however, for users of methadone to use heroin on top.

1. Dee42 profile image78

Its methamphetamine, I'm afraid.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
        Hollie Thomasposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm sorry to hear that Dee42. I think relache is right by suggesting that you seek advice from professionals. Don't know if this might help, you probably know what to look out for anyway, but here is a link that might help you to identify if your brother might be using again.

http://www.meth-in-douglas.com/signs_of_use.htm

4. puter_dr profile image83
    puter_drposted 5 years ago

I would expect the writer is referring to crystal meth, but if they are not, people have been known to abuse methadone.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
      Hollie Thomasposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Oh I see. Wasn't sure, the term meth is also used in the Uk to describe methadone. You're right people have been known to abuse methadone, but primarily, and in my experience, by using heroin on top.

2. Dee42 profile image78

Yes I am talking about Crystal Meth, I was trying to think of what they called it, and it escaped me. Thanks Hollie Thomas.

5. ALUR profile image66
    ALURposted 5 years ago

Know a person by the face they reveal to you. As far as addiction, it's a hard journey but the person using is the only one that can STOP...

1. Dee42 profile image78

Thank you ALUR, I need all the info I can get on this subject.

working