jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Does your health insurance only pay for tests?

1. ptosis profile image81
    ptosisposted 4 years ago

... and won't pay for fixing anything?

I wanted only teeth cleaning but the dentist refused unless I had my yearly x-rays - I walked out. I'm not getting x-rays unless something hurts. Besides - I always felt that these x-rays were a way for major medical to only "pay the doctors" - not actually benefit the patient.

I am on Humana medicare + and they only pay for a single cavity a year plus teeth cleaning and of course - x-rays

That's not much better than Arizona AHCCCS dental care which also ONLY covers x-rays but won't even pull out an infected tooth!!

A new study published in the journal Cancer, indicates dental X-rays could double the risk of getting the most common type of brain tumor, meningioma. - just as I suspected all these years of needless tests!

Is this insurance that only "pays the doctors" going to get even worse or better. I suspect increasing entropy.

"Gotta pay the doctors boy"

2. True Cures profile image60
    True Curesposted 4 years ago

Everything about the health and healing industry is a scam and designed only to turn the cogs of industry not to improve one's health.  So yes the doctors/elite will be taken care of first.

Lets talk about practicing medicine.  It's illegal to practice medicine without a license.  LOL, that cracks me up because EVERY thing in medicine is based on the latest hypothesis so it is illegal to practice guessing without a license.

Dentist are just as bad but the world is producing more dentist every year and those dentist have to be paid. 

If we stopped guessing about our health and letting others who are licensed guess for us we wouldn't need doctors or dentist for anything but for trauma and there simply isn't enough trauma to pay enough to keep the elite families in the lifestyles they are a custom to. 

Everything you have access to about your health, be it good or bad is PURE propaganda and the reason that can't be argued is because none of it is curing anything.  Medicine isn't science, it is highly profitable science fiction. 

Your readers will have a difficult time rebuking my comment.  It is a sorry world we live in and it is only going to get worse.

ptosisposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for a great answer. You said it better than me. I usually go off into a rant about how 'doctors' were considered the lowest of the low in the 19th century.

I call these doctors mid-15th century barbers...

3. True Cures profile image60

I too often tell people it is what it is for the sake of our economy.  Personally I wish enough people would stand together and help me force the price of gas down and I would be happy.  Traveling to new places is freedom in my book and there is no shortage of oil just the Oil Industry controlling supply and demand through there very own trumped up "environmental groups". 

I don't know which is industry is more powerful and prosperous, OIL or HEALTH?  But one thing I do know for sure is everything surround both industries is pure propaganda if not out and out lies. 

A little known fact on topic, cavities can heal.  There may be a remaining impression but a cavity can be stopped in it's tracks when a person's immune system engages the infection.  It's quite impressive and a science that would sure put a damper on the dental industry.

ptosisposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanx, Maybe I should start learning up on home cures from grandma.

4. True Cures profile image60

Chances are grandma never used antiperspirants and never got caught up in the fear propaganda associated with disease.  Her remedies may be placebo to, the mind is much more powerful than most natural remedies and more powerful than a lot of western drugs. 

Its our fear of disease that threatens us most, not the disease causing pathogens.  We breath them in with ever breath we take.  Society is truly brainwashed.  For example apparently J Lo and Tom Cruise did a racy skit with a little bump and grind spoofing Tom's role in Tropic Thunder on a family friendly network. I didn't see it but boy did I hear about it from a friend who watches Fox news. 

It's my guess that the whole skit was hilarious and it is my guess that every right winged conservative watching the bit was extremely entertained, however for all the right winged conservatives that didn't see it but saw the Fox report about how crude it was they thought it was of the devil.  The media dictates the way we consciously think and the medical industry dictates the way we subconsciously think and we devolve because of it.

5. ptosis profile image81
    ptosisposted 4 years ago

Remember when playgrounds had monkey bars made of metal? Nowadays it's all plastic. But one thing I do like is the 4-5 inches of that rubberized green matting. I jog around and around in circles because it's nice on my feet and knees.

1. Stacie L profile image88
      Stacie Lposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The best way to deal with this situation is to tell them you don't have insurance and see what they want to do.
      the price will be lower for sure.

1. True Cures profile image60
        True Curesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Isn't that the truth.  We really stick it to ourselves when we put up with just-in-case insurance.