jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Could I consider the term Obamacare a compliment?

1. 0
    idratherbeposted 4 years ago

Many people, myself included take the statement as a compliment. After all President "Obama Cares", enough about his fellow American he wants to ensure all have healthcare.  And what's wrong with that? Have we become so self centered to not care about anyone but ourselves? That's a question I would like to have answered by those against the plan.

2. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 4 years ago

Obamacare is mandated profits for private health corpotations.

1. 0
      idratherbeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

So you feel the current pricing, offered by the industry is perfect? That allowing the insurance companies to inflate costs to preexisting conditions? To stop insuring your love one if they reach the lifetime benefit making them inelligible for additional care under the policy? Interesting....

3. Eric Newland profile image61
    Eric Newlandposted 4 years ago

I consider the term "Obamacare" an oxymoron.

The public option is gone, so really there's really nothing left in the bill to help the millions of Americans who can't afford health insurance. Except being forced to buy something they can't afford.

Do you hear that? It's the sound of zero oppressed poor people cheering.

1. 0

Under the current process, unless you work for a company who offers insurance, you can't afford it as an individual. Especially if you have preexisting conditions. I'll venture to say, most who have insurance have no idea what their deductible is, or the lifetime benefit of the policy. Much less what a individual policy actually costs.

1. Eric Newland profile image61
        Eric Newlandposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Exactly. And except for the preexisting conditions that's not about to change. Well, getting healthcare with preexisting conditions will go from "virtually impossible" to "just as expensive as everyone else's."

And who doesn't take the time to understand their own benefits? That's just irresponsible.

1. 0

I'd venture to say most don't know what benefits they have. And they "think" the $200.00 a month they pay out of their paychecks is what individual health care costs. Wrong! Most have no idea.

1. Mighty Mom profile image91
            Mighty Momposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Those protesting Obamacare are oblivious to how the system works -- or doesn't.
            They got theirs, courtesy of their employers. And that's all that matters to them.

No clue whatsoever how precious those health benefits are, because they don't pay anything like the full cost. And might be highly disturbed to discover, should their job ever go away, how much COBRA costs!
            Or that they can easily be denied coverage even if they are willing to pay a grand plus a month.

1. Eric Newland profile image61
              Eric Newlandposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well, exactly. The current provisions will allow certain people to qualify for coverage, but it won't make that coverage any cheaper. On the contrary, insurance companies now have to cover more things, which means higher premiums. For everyone.

The first word in the title of the bill is "Affordable." When's that affordability gonna happen? My own healthcare is astronomically more expensive than it was a couple years ago. I could really use some of that affordability right now. I can't imagine how much more lower class families could use it.