jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Need advice on rhinoplasty (nose job)

1. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 4 years ago

Has anyone here ever had a nose job? If so, are you willing to talk about it? I've always hated my nose. I have this little round ball on the tip, supposedly indicative of Scottish and Irish ancestry. I'm checking into rhinoplasty and looking for any advice. Thanks!

1. getpaidtopost profile image61
      getpaidtopostposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Habee you look fine and so does your nose. Im not sure why you hate it so much  you look beautiful no need to change sweetheart smile god bless

1. habee profile image92
        habeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Awwww...so sweet of you to say!

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

I agree as to leave the nose be. smile

However, I will say that since there is no cartilage involved in what you describe, the usual excuse to rob a patient blind for such a procedure is not present.

3. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 4 years ago

My personal feeling is don't do it, but my good friend, Linda, had her nose done and is very pleased with the final results. She had two black eyes and looked like someone did a pretty good job of beating her up right after the surgery. She also got an infection. It took about 2 weeks for the infection and the bruising to clear up. She had just a local anesthesia. You want to make sure you go to a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, not just a "Cosmetic surgeon". Ask to see before and after pics, get lots and lots of references, and be prepared for sticker shock, this costs thousands of dollars and usually isn't covered by insurance.

4. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 4 years ago

Many thanks!