jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (12 posts)

Why Is Not Elimination Mentioned-

1. tohimilook profile image59
    tohimilookposted 4 years ago

Whenever I read of anything related to health, it seems that elimination is not even mentioned.  We hear of what to eat, drink, rest, exercise etc., but the removal of toxins from our bodies seems to be something that is not readily talked about.

It seems that more focus is placed on putting things in the body to the detriment of removing toxins.  Very seldom do you see anything remotely concerning this.   I am wondering if many of our diseases are a result of this toxic waste in our bodies.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think that's because defecation is a taboo subject in many countries. Lately on Australian TV there have been lots of ads for new yoghurts and other products to 'remove toxins' or 'reduce bloating' and I always laugh at them - because they always have rather coy diagrams showing an arrow moving downwards, but manage to avoid words like "constipation", "bowel movements" etc.

2. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 4 years ago

Elimination doesn't make money.

tohimilookposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Your are correct.  No wonder the pharmaceutical companies are so rich. It seems the idea is not preventative care but treatment.

3. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 4 years ago

So the theory goes. They say in China long ago the doctor was only paid so long as one did not get ill. Most Asian diets use herbs in their food as preventative medicine.

1. 70
      Robertr04posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hey tohimilook. Body cleansing , the blood, lymphatics, liver, and bowel are means of elimination and are used frequently on the threads. I've written a hub on body mgt. which includes elimanation. There is no healing without cleansing. Maybe the 3-5 bowel movements one should have/day are taken for granted. Not tooting my horn, but can remember more than a few of threads where I let it be known migraine and headachs can be eliminated in many cases with clean bowels. I recall stating 90% of all diseases begin in the bowel, so 90% of all diseases start at what you eat. The subject has been covered, just not taken seriously.

1. janesix profile image61
        janesixposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Who poops 5 times a day?

1. Healthy Pursuits profile image89
          Healthy Pursuitsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

And if they do, they'd better be quick. Or they won't have time for anything but eating, pooping and sleeping!

1. 70

Not really. You should have a bowel movement after each meal, upon awakening, and in the evening. But if you get 3/day you are doing good. You should even have elimination while fasting. Stool should be unformed, float, have little or no smell, and come easily. You'll have plenty of time for whatever.

tohimilookposted 4 years ago in reply to this

What you say makes sense.   From the time I was a little girl I always had a regular bowel movement on mornings, lunchtime and evenings...and this has been going for almost all of my life.  I remember as a child after I have finished eating my mother would ask me, "Are you a duck."  I have always have a regular bowel movement, and anytime I am constipated, I know something is wrong.

2. Healthy Pursuits profile image89
              Healthy Pursuitsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

In my experience, floating is a bad sign. I have Celiac disease, and that's one  way I can tell that I've been exposed to wheat. (Other symptoms come later.) Also, unformed poop is not a good thing. Soft, formed poop is the healthiest. I agree that it should have little or no smell, except when eating foods high in sulfur. OK. That's the scoop on poop for the day.

1. 70

Well we can agree to disagree. The stool should float to show the body is receiving its nutrients. Should be unformed like a horse or infant if it is indeed soft, not runny. Otherwise it is constipation. Optimal, one bowel movement/meal eaten.

working