jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

How Do You Attain Your Peaceful Spirit?

1. Leaderofmany profile image60
    Leaderofmanyposted 4 years ago

Do you believe that a higher power gives peace, do you mediate or are just peaceful in nature?

1. Faith Reaper profile image87
      Faith Reaperposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I did not always have a peaceful spirit in the past, but since I have a personal and intimate relationship with the Lord now, I just pray and turn everything over to Him, and then that sweet peace, His peace, the peace that surpasses all understanding falls down upon me, and I sleep like a baby.  In the past I would keep running things through my mind and suffered terribly with insomnia, but now, just sweet peace.  Last year I found out I had DCIS Breast Cancer, and I just had this overwhelming sense of peace that everything was going to be okay. And He healed me of it!  Now, if that had happened 15 years ago or so, I would have fallen apart.

2. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 4 years ago

My opinion: peace is defined by what one considers as important. Generally peace of mind is attributable to the absence of the pursuit of the ever more materialism as simplicity. If that is one's conception of god, then god could be said to contribute to peace of mind.

3. Mighty Mom profile image92
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

The simple and honest answer: with much work and difficulty. I'm not a naturally peaceful person at all!
    I do have a Higher Power, although I am very imperfect when it comes to asking for guidance or direction.
    The more I remember to connect with my HP the more peaceful life becomes.
    Amazing how that works, isn't it?

Great question!