jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Money and Fame Does Not Buy Happiness

1. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

The old adage "Money doesn't buy happiness" was apparently true in the case of Robert F Jr. Kennedy's ex wife Mary. It was announced that she committed suicide. Having fortune and fame is not a recipe for a happy life, so try to find your own happy place.
    getting someone help when depressed is so important and the hardest task of all.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/1 … d%3D161806

1. ModestyKing profile image61
      ModestyKingposted 4 years ago in reply to this

From someone who's dealt a lot with unhappy people and having tried to be a positive presence, I can say this in response: Money does not ENSURE happiness. It is a contributing factor, and there are things you can do/accomplish with money that can make you and others happy that aren't available to those without money. Yet money is not a guarantee for happiness.

I encourage everyone to try and help the depressed/unhappy who appear to be unhappy not of their own will. I also encourage people to be sensitive and empathetic to others. Mistakes can sometimes lead to very bad things, and I've been trying to keep from doing that for a long time. I don't always succeed.

2. jennzie profile image85
      jennzieposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Money definitely does not buy happiness, but it can certainly make your life easier (so you don't have to work as much, etc.). wink

1. couturepopcafe profile image61
        couturepopcafeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Money can buy a happier happiness than the happiness you may already have discovered.

1. jennzie profile image85
          jennzieposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm sure it could. Hopefully one day I'll discover that happiness LOL. smile