jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

"Super" Gonorrhea Spreading Worldwide

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

Scientists reported last year finding a "superbug" strain of gonorrhea in Japan in 2008 that was resistant to all recommended antibiotics and warned then that it could transform a once easily treatable infections into a global health threat.
    "Gonorrhea is becoming a major public health challenge," said Manjula Lusti-Narasimhan, from the WHO's department of reproductive health and research. She said more than 106 million people are newly infected with the disease every year.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47704210/ns … 8_T1JhQSuI
    I think people forgot about this oldie..It used to be referred to as a VD,but now we have sanitized that and call them STD's.
    Whatever acronym you use, they still are not being taken seriously and will again become major problems for everyone whos not practicing safe sex..

1. IzzyM profile image85
      IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Practising any kind of sex sounds quite good! LOL

No, be like me and keep your legs closed. No STDs can get through smile

2. incomeguru profile image83
      incomeguruposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Practice unprotected sexual intercourse and remain vulnerable to gonorrhea.

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

Paradigmsearch gives everyone a break and doesn't post a condom pic...

3. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

Oh, great. I've now got Gonorrhea plastered all over my profile in hubtivity. I hope Google doesn't drop by until I've run it off my front page.

4. Team Wiseman profile image85
    Team Wisemanposted 4 years ago

What's really crazy is people actually host parties and such with the intent of contracting these diseases.  It is acrazy world!

1. Healthy Pursuits profile image87
      Healthy Pursuitsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That sounds like a Darwin award event to me.