jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Stitches! Ouch!

1. Bedbugabscond profile image88
    Bedbugabscondposted 4 years ago

I stepped on broken glass and got a pretty jagged wound. I got stitches, and antibiotics to prevent infection. It really hurts, and I can't walk on my foot! How long do you think it will be until I can walk on it? The doctor just said, "when it feels better..."/

2. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 4 years ago

Depending on the person it usually takes 7 to 10 days.  Stitches are fun ain't they?  I'v had more than my share I'll tell ya.  Sounds to me you got cut in the worst possible place, the bottom of the foot.  Very tender and slow healing.  Take it easy and get better.

3. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

I have had my share of stitches as well and it usually takes roughly about 7 days to 2 weeks to heal enough especially where you cut yourself. I have never cut myself on my feet, so I don't really know.

4. Bedbugabscond profile image88
    Bedbugabscondposted 4 years ago

One of my stitches already tore. As it turns out, I am not very good at having to sit down and not do things! At least I am catching up on my Hub goals!

1. tobey100 profile image60
      tobey100posted 4 years ago in reply to this

You sound like me!  I always tear a few.

5. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

stitches? definitely, ouch! yikes I have surgery next week and NOT excited. As for your foot, well, usually the first 3 days are toughest, after that, the pain will graduallyyyyy subside.

Bedbugabscondposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I hope so! Sorry to hear you ave to get surgery! That is never fun. Do you mind if I ask what for?

6. Pamela Kinnaird W profile image87
    Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 4 years ago

Did they get all of the glass out? Sometimes just a tiny shard of it can be left in there and then it has to work its way out.  But it does work its way out which is sort of miraculous.  I got a tiny piece of glass in my foot eons ago and it took a month and a half to work its way out.  I couldn't go on long walks for a month and a half.  Just limped around in pain and the limping causes back, shoulder and neck spasms.

I do hope they got all the glass out in which case you should be on the mend pretty quickly.

Bedbugabscondposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It was a pretty deep cut and they didn't mess around. So I have no idea if there is still glass in there. I started running a low grade temp a few hours ago, but Tylenol seems to be taking care of that. I am on antibiotics, so hopefully it will ward off an infection.

7. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

It isn't for anything major tongue but my AF has them concerned. Had to answer 1,001 questions, from childhood to now yikes tongue but, least they're taking care smile

working