jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

What's your purpose in life?

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image76
    schoolgirlforrealposted 4 years ago

I've seen a few things in my day over like 35 years and I've noticed that

1) You must utilize your talents, whatever they are
    2) you must stick up for your conscience, faith, beliefs and be true to yourself and others
    3) Be not afraid to be yourself!

1. Ruben Rivera profile image82
      Ruben Riveraposted 4 years ago in reply to this

To experience

2. myownlife profile image60
      myownlifeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Most importantly I want to live honestly helping those who are deprived  from the primary education and those who are abandoned by their own child due to old age.

2. johnakc profile image59
    johnakcposted 4 years ago

To live my life with maximum joy and happiness.

schoolgirlforrealposted 4 years ago in reply to this

3. schoolgirlforreal profile image76
    schoolgirlforrealposted 4 years ago

Nice responses! smile Anyone else?

4. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 4 years ago

good ? sgfr....right now?...i don't know....used to...i hope to figure it out again soon - that's my honest response

5. Tusitala Tom profile image90
    Tusitala Tomposted 4 years ago

Our purpose in life - I'm talking about what we 'think' and 'believe' to be our purpose at the time - changes over time.  As youngsters our purpose is to get out there and experience the big, wide world, to realize our dreams of adventure.   Later, our purpose might be to find the girl (or boy) of our dreams and to give and receive plenty of love of the romantic kind.

As we age our purpose often becomes more diffuse, more nebulous, but it generally gets down to become more aware of what and who we are.  This is if we're sensitive enough to our own needs to realize this; overwise we might lose ourselves in and endless and disatisfactory chase after 'grown up toys,' and drawing attention to ourselves.

When we're able to ask ourself a question like, "What is the purpose of my life?" as you have here, we're on the road to self-understanding, self-actualizaiton and, hopefully Self-realization.  Oh, and once the journey has begun it seems there is no going back.

6. carol7777 profile image85
    carol7777posted 4 years ago

Purpose in  life ...I think it is different for everyone.  One purpose is to be a good person, treat people well and find joy in things you do. We all have daily challenges and have to live with difficult issues. If you are a parent a purpose is to bring up a good child. If you have a job do your best.  Always strive for your personal best and don't be swayed by other's accomplishments. We all have a different path and journey.

7. ALL4JESUS profile image85
    ALL4JESUSposted 4 years ago

Simple - to bless other people. To let the light of Christ to shine through us.

schoolgirlforrealposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Good point. smile

8. StandingJaguar profile image95
    StandingJaguarposted 4 years ago

I wish I knew! I am still trying to find my answer to that.