Good Food for High Blood Pressure
Foods to lower blood pressure
When the word high blood pressure is mentioned majority feels that it is the sickness of the old age, it is true that majority of those that are affected by high blood pressure are aged people between 50 and above years.
But do you realize that even people at 20 years of age are also at high risk to high blood pressure, this is true because young people consume a lot of food that contains sodium which is one of the causes of high blood pressure. That’s why prevention is better than curing and by eating healthy food will help prevent high blood pressure or will help reduce it.
With untreated high blood pressure you are risking your life with coronary heart diseases, stroke and kidney failure. It is just recently that I took my dad to one of the referral hospitals and the results from cardiologist shows that he had a heart failure problem; his heart beat was at 32 compared to the normal heart beat rate of 72. The old man blood pressure was at high as 120. The worrying thing was that his heart beat was not functioning normally and at some point when been accessed the heart was vibrating. It can be detected by performing the following assessments
High blood pressure nutritional assessment
- Evaluation of body weight
- Evaluation of body height
- Evaluation of body mass index
- Evaluation of physical activities in the body
- Evaluation of body fat percentages
- Assessment of propensity to side effects caused by high blood pressure
high blood pressure cause
The major causes of high blood pressure includes
- High potassium
- Saturated fats
High blood pressure food and drink prevention
As you know, prevention is better than curing, when not prevented high blood pressure can lead to chronic illness. It can be prevented by eating proper food, healthy diet and early medical check up.
controlling high blood pressure
- Do not Drink Alcohol – too much alcohol will raise your blood pressure and affect drugs ability to fight diseases
- Reduce or avoid sodium concentrated food – an adult human needs 500-1000 milligrams of sodium in a day. Avoid food that have excessive sodium in them like table salt and processed food, baking soda, baking powder, soy sauce antacids and condiments
- Eat fruits and vegetable – get fruits and vegetable which are rich in potassium
- Avoid food preserved with monosodium glutamate(MSG) - food like meat tenderizer, steak sauce, soy source and salsa do might have high contents of MSG
- Cook fresh foods from the gardens
- Avoid preserved food that have been canned or processed due to added sodium during preservation
- Use sodium free herbal alternatives to table salt
- Always eat fresh juices like mango, passion, orange and vegetables
- Avoid salty snacks e.g. crisps, crackers and groundnuts
- Eat fresh or frozen fish, shellfish, poultry and beef
- Do regular exercise to reduce weight as this will reduce your high blood pressure
High blood pressure is manageable, and with the above information do not let high blood pressure lead to chronic illness. Seek medical attention at the earliest time possible for medicine prescription
High Blood Pressure Food
More by this Author
Writing minutes these days is not left to the secretary alone. With the availability of portable computers you may attend a meeting without your secretary and you are required to produce minutes. Many people do not know...
Normalization of data can be defined as a process during which the existing tables of a database are tested to find certain data dependency between the column and the rows or normalizing of data can be referred to a...
A repeater is the simplest facility used for network interconnection, whose major function is to receive a network signal from one LAN terminal cable segment and to regenerate and retransmit the signal as it is in its...