Good Health Food
Everyone wants to be healthy, and that's a fact. Now in these days of glorious burgers and fries, how can you maintain being fit and healthy? The answer still is the same since time immemorial. Good food, exercise, and a healthy lifestyle. Yeah still these stuff are the three kings. Having a good health can really require effort, hence here are a few tips that will help ya.
- All natural food is healthy. Taken in moderation, non-processed foods are good for your body. But don't take the misconception that processed foods are bad. Because they aren't bad either, when taken in moderation that is. So the secret lies in control of food intake, as whether your food is bad or good depends primarily on how you control it.
- The food you should take is in complimentary to your level and kind of activity. Did you know that your brain only accepts sugars, primarily glucose as it's source of energy? Contrary to the heart and muscle cells, which can utilize fatty acids as its energy source, your brain is very picky to what it takes. Hence if your work is all about thinking and using your brain, you should eat more carb and less fatty foods. As you won't be able to utilize fats and they'll likely get stored in your body. On the other hand, if your work is all about muscles, then you're welcome to have a higher portion of fats in your diet.
- Not all fats are equal. Just like how not all people are equal, there are also differences with the kinds of fats. The two primary groups of fats are named the 'saturated' (chemically speaking, they're those that doesn't have double bonds in their structure) and the 'unsaturated' (those with double bonds in their chemical structure). When going for fatty foods, you might want to look for unsaturated fats because these are the ones healthier. Saturated fats account for most of the deadly diseases as these fats tend to clump up and stick together thus blocking blood vessel pathways.
Basically, fats that come from animal sources have high ration of saturated-to-unsaturated hence they should be taken in moderation. Beef fat has the highest while fish fats have more unsaturated fats. Those coming from plant sources tend to be in the middle in terms of this ratio.
Aside from eating healthy foods, what else should I do?
Well, you should exercise obviously. Any kind of physical activity would help. Also, avoid too much smoking and alcohol as they have the capability to amplify the effects of eating the not-so-healthy foods.
Other healthy habits that you should take note of are enumerated below:
- Get at least 6-8 hours of sleep every night.
- Take de-stressing activities like sports, or other fun activities every once in a while.
- Sleep early. Many studies have reasoned out that being a night owl, though maintaining good amounts of sleep can still be unhealthy.
- Smile. An optimistic attitude can help you overcome stress.
- Read health news. So you can keep up with the latest trends in keeping healthy, like what to avoid for this case and that.
There are many ways to keep yourself healthy and fit. Healthy food and a healthy lifestyle should keep you going for the years to come.
More by this Author
Need more information on Ombre hair colors? Ombre hair colors are one of the trends in fashion, and many celebs use them. Learn more about Ombre hair color here!