Heimlich Maneuver Poster
The Heimlich Maneuver was first discovered in 1974 by an American physician named Henry Jay Heimlich.
The idea is to produce an artificial cough by exerting pressure on the bottom of the diaphragm.
By doing this, hopefully the object will dislodge.
*Scroll down to buy Heimlich Maneuver poster.
How to Perform the Heimlich Maneuver
- Send someone to call for help
- Ask person if they are choking
- Stand (or kneel for a small child) behind the person
- Wrap both arms around the abdomen
- Make a fist and place it slightly above the belly button
- Place your other hand over the fist
- Pull sharply in and up (Abdominal Thrusts)
- Continue until the object comes out, or person becomes unconscious