History and Origin of Oranges - Orange Oil Benefits
The scientific name of orange tree is citrus sinensis. This is an evergreen tree, which grows 22 to 30 feet in height. Oranges tree is famous all over the world because of medicinal and health benefits of its fruits, oranges, and its flowers, orange blossoms. Also, fresh orange juice extracted out of oranges is the most common juice consumed by millions of people around the world because it contains high levels of vitamins. Orange tree leaf tea is famous for treatment of cold and cough. Moreover, orange oil is famous for its natural indoor pest control properties. Orange essential oil is beneficial in treatment of many types of physical and emotional ailments. The branches of orange tree grow about 3 ft above the ground level. The leaves of orange tree are green in color, sometimes medium, sometimes long with rounded and pointed base. Delicate orange blossom flowers are the famous bridal flowers, which have a special refreshing aroma. These flowers grow in clusters and are also served on top of cupcakes. Fruit of orange tree is a very nutritious containing vitamin A, vitamin B, and high levels of vitamin C.
Symbolism and History of Oranges, Scientific Name Citrus Aurantium Dulcis
The word citrus means lemon in Greek while aurantium is the adjective of gold, golden, referring obviously to the color of orange fruit. Orange fruit is probably believed to be the legendary golden apple that Hercules had stolen from the Garden of the Hesperides. Oranges are native to India and China. Since the ancient times, oranges have been used in Chinese medicine to treat colds, coughs, and anorexia. Due to oranges being scarce and expensive until the late 17th century, they were only used for their medical properties in Europe and not for human consumption.
Distribution and Origin Of Oranges
Orange trees originated from India and China. There are two types of oranges, one is bitter and other is sweet.
The bitter orange tree is used as an ornamental tree and the sweet orange tree containing sweet oranges are used for human consumption.
Feature Amazon Product for Pest Control - Orange Guard Water Based Home Pest Control - 1 Gallon Bottle #101
Orange Oil Benefits
- Orange oil for skin: Orange oil restores dry skin. Adding a droplet of orange oil to the cream or carrier oil helps in treatment of acne.
- Orange oil for termites: Orange oil works against termites but be sure to contact a qualified termite company offering traditional treatment of termites.
- Orange oil for furniture: Orange oil is used in furniture cleaning due to its anti-grease properties and works better than lemon oil.
- Orange oil for ants: Pouring orange oil in ants’ mounds and holes around your home helps in getting rid of ants.
- Orange oil for scabies: Orange oil contains d-limonene, which helps in killing scabies and works better than lemon juice or lemon oil. Orange oil is used as a home remedy for scabies.
- Orange oil for cooking: Orange oil is utilized in many homes for cooking and baking providing orange essence.
- Orange oil for nervous system: Orange oil is beneficial in treatment of depression, irritability, anxiety, sadness, and insomnia with the help of essential orange oil massage, application before bath, and stove aromatherapy.
- Orange oil for circulatory system: Its helps in treatment of edema and cellulite with help of orange oil massage.
- Orange oil for digestive system: Treats dyspepsia, indigestion, flatulence, and gastric spasm with the help of massage and warm compresses.
- Orange oil for excretory system: Relieves constipation, treats diarrhea, and eliminates toxins with orange oil massage and compresses.
Howard Products ORS016 Orange Oil Spray
Buy Howard's Orange Oil Spray Here
Howard Orange Oil spray is beneficial in breaking down dirt and wax on your wooden furniture. Howard's Orange Oil will not harm the look and appearance of your furniture as it contains natural orange oil and no harmful chemicals. It also cleans wooden cabinets and antique wooden items. After applying Howard's Orange Oil to your furniture, your furniture will smell of fresh oranges and will be much more shining than previously.
More by this Author
A simple and straightforward guide to prevent and treat mouth ulcers. Also read the the causes and signs and symptoms...
If you will go through the books of naturopathy or natural/alternative medicine, you will see a lot of mention about horse chestnut which is a beautiful and tall deciduous tree. Horse chestnut extract has been used...
In very simple terms, PCOS or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is a genetic problem with various hormonal manifestations. It presents with a rainbow of symptoms, including: difficulty losing weight, a tendency to gain...