How to Treat Hives At Home? Home Remedies and Foods for Urticaria
Hives are caused by an overstimulated immune response, but the symptoms of urticaria
can be treated with home remedies and foods.
Urticaria is usually seen as a skin rash. Food allergies, drug allergies, temperature changes, viral infection, autoimmune diseases and overexposure to sun triggers urticaria.
Possible Causes of Hives: Urticaria Causes
There are several triggers that could set off the development of hives on the body. It is vital to identify the exact cause and to steadily avoid it. Common causes are:
- Allergens including foods namely nuts, eggs, soy, wheat, and shellfish, medications, drugs, pollen can trigger urticaria. These agents cause a release of histamines which damage the normal working of the immune mechanism. An anomalous immune mechanism generates hives.
- Certain medical conditions like mononucleosis, mastocytosis, rheumatic fever and lupus may set off urticaria.
- Detergents, soaps, cosmetics, latex, plants, etc. could trigger hives in some people.
Symptoms of Urticaria: Hives Symptoms
Urticaria develops when capillaries which are located in the epidermis of the skin pours out fluid. This fluid builds up in the tissue and forms a hive or a weal. As a rule, the body reabsorbs this fluid in some time, and the weals subside. This may take a few hours to a few days, and sometimes even months. The rash is seen as red, inflamed weals/blotches on the skin, which are very itchy, and occasionally painful.
What to Do For Hives? Treat Urticaria Naturally with Foods
First and foremost in an acute case of urticaria, a cornstarch bath is recommended. Add two ounces of corn starch to a bucket of lukewarm water; and have a bath. Corn starch soothes the irritated skin and eases the blotches.
Next, it is important to follow a healthy diet, more so, if you are prone to urticaria and it is triggered by dietary errors. Integrate plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. Ascertain the food trigger causing the hive formation and steadily avoid it.
Incorporate foods like tomatoes and Bell pepper in your diet. These foods are known to boost the immunity and also help prevent allergic reactions.
In chronic and returning cases of urticaria, you have to determine the precise cause of the disorder. It is essential to identify the causative factor –allergic reaction, yeast infection or a medical condition.
Home Remedy for Urticaria: Natural Treatment for Hives
Specific home remedies can help allay the intense itching and discomfort quickly. Effective home remedies to manage urticaria are:
- Aloe vera is one of the most effective and quick acting home remedy for hives is aloe vera. It instantly soothes inflammation, swelling and itching; and facilitates d\settling of the rash.
- Nettle tea drinking nettle tea helps improve the symptoms rapidly. Have about 2 to 3 glasses of the decoction.
- Oatmeal blend together 2 to 3 spoons of oatmeal, 2 tablespoons of corn starch and some water. Apply over the weals. It will quickly relieve the swelling and itching.
More by this Author
Excessive perspiration, combined with multiplying bacteria and poor hygiene, result in dreadful foot odor and immense awkwardness. These guidelines will help you have nice smelling feet.
Molluscum Contagiosum is a skin infection associated with skin eruptions. This condition is associated with a risk of scarring and simple home remedies and aromatherapy along with homepathy have been efficient in...
Liver Cysts rarely have any symptoms; nonetheless, the condition hampers liver functions considerably. Home remedies help treat the condition successfully and keep the liver functioning optimally.
No comments yet.