Home Remedy for Ringworm
Home Remedy for Ringworm
Finish off the Ringworm Nail using Vicks Vaporub
Have a fungal infection in the toenail is rarely painful or creates some kind of discomfort, but can be very bad psychologically because for most people who have ringworm of the nail, the worst thing is that the nail becomes very ugly. Many people spend their entire lives to hide their feet because of this fungus that causes the nail becomes thick and yellow.
Fungal infections, mycosis or onimicoses are a widespread problem that affects 3% of world population. These fungi feed on the nail, therefore, not lacking food to live and reproduce.
Symptoms of Ringworm Nail
This disease manifests itself in various ways such as:
- Detachment of the nail - the nail becomes hollow and begins to separate from the flesh.
- Thickening of the nail - the nail grows thicker
- Formation of spots on the nail - the nail becomes with white, black or yellow spots.
- Deformation and destruction of the nail - the nails lose their natural shape
Causes of Ringworm Nail
One of the most common ways of contracting this disease is the frequency of showers in sports grounds and swimming pools. It is also very common contagion among people living in the same house as they share bathroom and/or towels.
The following conditions favor or relate this fungal infection:
- People with Diabetes Mellitus
- People who smoke
- People with peripheral vascular disease
- People in states of immunosuppression
Home treatment for ringworm of the nail using Vicks Vaporub
To eradicate ringworm on the nail, it must be fully replaced by a healthy nail fungus free and therefore requires a long treatment, as toenails take nearly a year to grow and also a lot of patience.
Currently one of the more effective drugs that are in vogue is the pen Nailner Repair eliminating ringworm on the nail without taking any pill. Each pen takes about three months, therefore we have to buy four pens in order to complete the treatment. Yet some are beginning to recommend to the podiatrist to treat patients with Vicks Vaporub.
The Vicks Vaporub has the same active ingredients than Nailner Repair and even has a scent very similar, except that the Vaporub smell is stronger because it is made to be inhaled.
The biggest difference is the price of the same treatment as we have to buy 4 pens of Nailner Repair priced at €21 each and Vaporub comes with a pack of 200g which cost about 6€. Here is how the treatment should be done with Vicks Vaporub:
- Before bed soak your feet in warm water for at least 20 minutes. This step is not mandatory but helps to soften the nails.
- Dry your feet with a clean towel, never use a towel twice. Cleanliness is very important because it is very easy to re-infect the nail in question or infect other nails.
- With a nail file took all the glitz that the sick nail has until you get a look "clean", then cleaned with a cotton ball soaked in hydrogen peroxide. (This step can be done once a week)
- We applied the Vicks Vaporub directly on the nail, cuticle and in between the nail and flesh.
- Put some cotton socks.
- Very Important!!!!! Do this treatment preferably every day for a year. Any other treatment (even one recommended by a specialist) will take the same time as it takes to grow a new fingernail, fungus and so is expelled along with the nail as we cut it.
More Natural Remedies
No comments yet.