How to keep acne free
Preventing acne is better than curing it, using proven methods to keep acne at bay is better than getting rid of it once you have acne. There are many theories as to why acne occurs from an over active sebaceous gland to constipation. It maybe prevalent in teenage years however it could still be with you in to your 40s, but thankfully not as server. So focusing on just keeping clean is the start, looking to this in conjunction with some other changes to your life will increase your resistance and hopefully you will never have acne again or only the occasional spot that goes quickly, thus giving you more confidence to deal with other issues, having one less thing to worry about.
1) Ensure that you use the right toiletries for you and try to stay with one that works rather than using three or four different types, as this will often cause other problems. Some soaps and shampoos could be to strong or weak for your skin type read the label and find out what skin type you have, also ensure to wash before and after sleep.
2) Diet is a big part of it, ensuring your diet is balanced will ensure that you get the right amount of vitamins to keep you regular as constipation increases your stress levels they are considered to be a major contributor to acne.
3) Getting the correct amount of sleep, 8 hours is recommended and try to keep to a regular time so your body has a chance to recharge.
4) Exercise is most probably your greatest weapon against acne as getting out in the fresh air, sunlight and having company while you do this will keep you healthy and full of energy allowing your skin to sweat and prevent your pores from clogging, building your confidence levels and reducing stress allows you to deal with life’s little disappointments.
5) Changing your bedding regularly, also trying not to sleep on your front will reduce the risk of infection.
Making these changes will not be easy however; the rewards for doing so will be enormous going far beyond keeping acne at bay.