Jillian Michaels Body Revolution Reviews: Are The Success Stories True?
Is the Jillian Michaels Body Revolution System For Real?
You have seen her on Biggest Loser and you know her as America’s Toughest Trainer. But, does the Jillian Michaels Body Revolution program really work? Are the reviews and results for real? Is it the right workout program for you? Where can you get the best deal on this popular fitness program? Read this review to get answers to these questions and more! But first, let us take a look at what you get from this program.
Jillian Michaels Body Revolution Review
The Jillian Michaels Body Revolution fitness DVD set is a 90-day weight loss program meant to transform your body into a lean and toned physique. It also promises to boost your metabolism and help you shed weight through a sensible diet plan. Jillian is popular for using Metabolic Training methods that are meant to burn fat faster as opposed to just cardio or weight training. The USP of this program is that it will give you a residual calorie burn even 16 hours after your workout session (now, who can say no to all those extra burning calories, eh?) The workouts are designed to last 30 minutes per session, making it easy to fit it into your active lifestyle. Most Jillian Michaels Body Revolution reviews don’t address the pros and cons of it. So here goes:
Pros and Cons
I have worked through Jillian’s 30-Day Shred, Ripped in 30, Six-week Six Pack, and Yoga Meltdown. While she is one of my favorite ‘personal’ trainers, I do realize that her fitness DVDs may not be for everyone. Here is a look at what I like best about the Body Revolution workout program and what I don’t.
- Jillian is an ace trainer and she will push you through the hard workouts as though she is right there in the living room with you! Everyone who works out at home knows how easy it is to give up, or get distracted, or simply lose motivation. This is a big plus for those who need the extra pep talk
- The 30-minute workout sessions in the Body Revolution DVD are great for stay-at-home moms, busy working women, and those who find it hard to squeeze a workout period into their busy schedule
- Her exercises can be modified according to your current fitness level. This customization allows you to pace yourself and slowly build your strength over the 90-day period
- The metabolic methods leave you feeling energized long after the session is over. This is great for those who have a sluggish metabolism or who feel tired all the time.
- Low-impact exercises are focused on getting you results without hurting yourself
- Great meal plan to make sure you don’t ‘eat back’ all those calories that are blasted during the workout
- Space. If you are stuck in a small apartment with a crawling 6-month old baby, as I am, this will be a negative. However, with a bit of ingenuity in re-arranging your furniture (and making sure your baby stays put in his crib!), you can overcome this constraint!
- This workout program requires resistance cables, weights, and a yoga/exercise mat. If you don’t have any of these, you will have to invest in them
- Some may find the exercises to be hard on their bodies, especially their knees and wrists. Again, if you have a realistic idea of your fitness level and make sure you follow the modified versions, you will be able to pull through the exercises without injuring yourself
- Don’t do it with kids around. First, Jillian uses the word ‘a**” several times and you don’t want your little one repeating it. More importantly, don’t use your resistance cable around children. If they snap, someone could get seriously hurt. All the more reason to invest in a good resistance cord.
Video Excerpt - Jillian Michaels Body Revolution
Jillian Michaels Body Revolution – A Breakdown
This fitness program is split into three phases, which are spread over a period of 90 days. Phase 1 consists of low-impact exercises that aim to build your abdominal strength, overall stability, and endurance levels. They help boost your metabolism and help you lose weight faster.
Phase 2 is a step-up from the first phase. You can expect slightly more challenging exercises than the previous phase, with more dynamic movements that aim to give you greater resistance. These exercises are designed to help you shed fat from your entire body and not just a particular area.
Phase 3, which is the final phase, consists of high-energy workout sessions that will help you tone your muscles. These exercises are really challenging and may require some modification for those who are not at their peak fitness levels.
The Body Revolution program includes the following bonuses:
- A 90-Day Journal and Bookmark to help you record your fitness journey and stay motivated to complete the program
- You will also receive an Online Club Membership (free for the first 30 days), where you can seek support and motivation from Jillian Michaels herself as well as others who are on the program
- The Jillian Michaels Body Revolution Diet Plan promises to help you lose up to a jeans size in as little as a week! It is a nutritional plan and is not just a crash diet, which can do more harm than good
- The best part of all is the Fat-Burning Meal Plan, which is a 90-day meal plan containing healthy recipes for breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner
- The Fitness Guide consists of Jillian Michaels’ Metabolic Training Rotation Calendar. The goal of this calendar is to prevent the stagnation of results by making changes from week-to-week and month-to-month. This ensures that you keep achieving results
Is This Workout For You?
Would You Want To Try Jillian Michaels' Body Revolution?See results without voting
Jillian Michaels Body Revolution Workout Schedule
You have seen that there are three progressive phases in the Jillian Michaels Body Revolution program. Here is a look at the workout schedule for each phase:
- Workout One – You need weights for this session. It involves basic moves that target your chest, shoulders arms, quads and core. It basically prepares you for the more strenuous workouts in the subsequent sessions. Light weights are recommended for this session. The weight of your body will provide the resistance you need.
- Workout Two – You need weights and a resistance cable/cord. This session targets your back, biceps, hamstrings, glutes, and your core.
- Workout Three – You will continue to use weights and a resistance cable to perform higher-intensity moves that are geared to melting the calories
- Workout Four – You will use weights for this one. Plyometrics, (which is known as ‘jump training’) combined with weights, will really sculpt your total body
- Cardio One – As always, there is a cardio circuit in this phase. It is low-impact but still burns off any extra calories.
- Workout Five – You need weights and a resistance cable. It is a warm-up session that has a yoga-inspired feel to it. This session targets all the areas in the front of the body.
- Workout Six – You need weights and a resistance cable/cord. These exercises target the upper back of the body along with the lower body to burn maximum fat. The cardio intervals are challenging and this is where the metabolism burns calories long after the session is over.
- Workout Seven – You will use weights and a resistance cable to perform ‘resistance training’. It includes moves like the plank pose, push-ups and other athletic drills…with weights and a resistance cable!
- Workout Eight – You will use weights and resistance cable for this one. The moves target the back of the body and also help you build balance and coordination. The cardio intervals include weights and this translates into a high-energy, heart-thumping session
- Cardio Two – Involves low-impact and high-impact moves to burn maximum fat
- Workout Nine – You need weights and a resistance cable. It includes power yoga, bootcamp training, and cardio bursts for one intense workout that targets the front of the body
- Workout Ten – You need weights and a resistance cable/cord. The moves target the back of the body with higher resistance and heavier weights
- Workout Eleven – You will use weights and a resistance cable to target front of the body muscles. The exercises are super intense and build on what you have done so far
- Workout Twelve – You need weights and resistance cable for the last workout session that sculpts the back of the body and involves some serious cardio training
- Cardio Three – Involves high-impact plyometrics to burn maximum fat and give you a total body transformation
You can expect each phase to get progressively more challenging. Jillian focuses on one muscle group initially (e.g., bicep curl) and moves on to two ( bicep curl with a squat) and then plyometrics (bicep curl, squat, jump), etc.
Equipment Needed for Body Revolution
You will need weights and a resistance cable. These are not included in the DVD set, so you will have to make do on your own. Jillian Michaels has her own Ultimate Resistance Cable, but you can buy one off Amazon if you prefer it that way.
In fact, it is better to buy cables that offer different resistance levels as you may wish for higher resistance as you progress to Phase 2 and 3 of Jillian Michaels Body Revolution DVD.
You will want to do the same with the weights – use heavier weights as you become stronger with each workout session. You will also need a yoga/exercise mat to do the floor exercises.
Jillian Michaels Body Revolution Diet Plan
You can eat your way through any good workout program! The Jillian Michaels Body Revolution Diet Plan is geared towards helping you not only burn the calories but also making sure that you eat right and keep those calories away. This step-by-step nutrition plan consists of 90 days’ worth of menus that can be mixed and matched to suit your tastes and preferences. There are recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and, hallelujah, snacks! I tried a couple of recipes and they do taste good. However, this plan may be impractical for someone who has a busy work life. For example, you may not be able to cook a grilled fish for lunch when you are at work. But, you can work around this by doing the prep work for the week’s meals during the weekend or even cooking your lunch the previous night or in the morning.
FAQs about Jillian Michaels Body Revolution
Do you need just one or several different levels of resistance bands?
You can begin with a light band and increase the resistance with each phase. As you know, each phase is progressively harder and you may need a higher resistance cord. Again, this depends on your fitness levels. If you are a newbie, you may well complete the program with just one band. If you are a pro and you want to build stronger muscles with each phase, you will need different levels of resistance. You can do the same with weights.
Can you use your own resistance band?
Yes you can. The DVD set does not come with a resistance band or weights. I suggest you order them on Amazon or you can use your existing weights as well.
Do I have access to Jillian's website if I buy Jillian Michaels Body Revolution on Amazon?
Yes, you do. The Jillian Michaels Body Revolution DVD set on Amazon comes with all the bonuses offered on the website, including online club membership for a month.
Can these exercises be modified?
Yes, they can. If you have a serious health issue, like a knee replacement, you must consult your doctor before you begin any fitness program. The Jillian Michaels Body Revolution program has another person, apart from Jillian, who will show you a modified version of each exercise. For example, if you are not comfortable doing lunges, you can just lift your leg and clap under it. If you find the cardio intervals to be too hard to do, you can simply substitute it with a walk on your treadmill or even a brisk walk outdoors.
How hard is the food program to prepare and cook?
The Jillian Michaels Diet Plan consists of recipes with clear instructions on how to prepare them. Yes, there is a certain amount of prep work involved. If you have a busy work schedule, you can do some basic prepping during the weekend and refrigerating it, so that you can cook faster during the week. You can even prepare lunch the previous night if you cannot cook it during the day.
What weights do you need for this program?
I recommend starting off with 2-3 lbs and then move to heavier weights as you get stronger. Of course, if you are a pro, you can work with heavier weights from the get-go! But the average woman finds it easier to work with 3lbs-5lbs.
How much weight will I lose with Jillian Michaels Body Revolution?
Well, it depends! A lot rests on how committed you are to the workout schedule and the meal plan. The average weight loss with this plan is about 10 lbs and that is without following the meal plan! Some have lost as much as 25 lbs. So there are possibilities of shedding more weight if you are dedicated to the program and follow it up with healthy eating. As we all know, exercise is only a part of any weight loss plan. Stay away from fried foods, junk foods, soda, processed food, pastries, and anything else that comes in a can. Switch to whole grains and eat several small portions during the day instead of three large meals. Eat a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables.
Comparisons with Other Popular Fitness Programs
Jillian Michaels Body Revolution Vs P90x
When you compare the Jillian Michaels Body Revolution vs P90x, the biggest detractor for the P90x is the fact that you need 1-1.5 hours to complete the workout. This can be a huge challenge for those with busy work schedules or even stay-at-home moms with kids. The Body Revolution, with 30 minutes for 6 days a week, is easier to follow and complete each day. The P90X is also a guided weight training program, which means you have to invest in weights, bands, and an exercise mat.
Jillian Michaels Body Revolution Vs Insanity
When you compare the Jillian Michaels Body Revolution vs Insanity, the latter has great results but it is also super intense. You have to be really fit to keep up with the strenuous moves. It is also shorter (2 months) than the Body Revolution and does not need any equipment but it is harder to do and seems to be designed for professionals and fitness freaks! Insanity is also very cardio-based, which may not go down well with those who have knee or back problems.
Jillian Michaels Body Revolution Review
VERDICT - Body Revolution
Jillian Michaels Body Revolution Results and Success Stories
There are many customer reviews for Jillian Michaels workout DVDs, giving detailed information on the results achieved. However, Jillian Michaels Body Revolution reviews and results have just started to pour in, given the fact that it was recently released and needs a solid three months for completion. These reviews with results have been offered by real people who have purchased the DVD set and have committed to complete it. In fact, you can find quite a few of them in blogs and forums under the title ‘Jillian Michaels body revolution before and after pictures’.
Many women have found this program to be effective and they swear by it. Some have lost up to 23 pounds and close to 5 inches off the waist during the program. There were others who did not stick to the meal plan per se but limited their calorie intake to 1300 calories a day and still managed to shed the fat and become lean and toned. They found Jillian’s workout sessions to be intense and effective. Some of these women are well into their 50s and some even in the 60s, making this program suitable (and safe) for women of all age groups.
The best part for most women is the fact that the moves can be customized according to each individual’s fitness level. For example, if you are a total couch potato who has never lifted a weight in your life, you can extend the time to complete each phase and don’t have to ‘do it all’ in 90 days. You can even break up the workout sessions into two halves. If you can’t do the cardio intervals, you can start off by jogging in place until you build some stamina. If you have a bad knee, you can skip the high-impact moves and do the modified versions that are easier on your knee. The point is you can complete this program at your own pace, based on your current fitness levels.
I highly recommend this workout program for those who are committed to getting healthy and staying fit.
Lowest Prices on the Web for Other Effective Workout DVDs!
- Jillian Michaels on Wikipedia
Description of Jillian Michaels
More by this Author
Is the Nikon D5200 price tag of $900 worth it? Who should really buy this DSLR camera? Where can you get the best deal? Read this review for answers to these questions and more!
Share Your Thoughts on the Body Revolution!
No comments yet.