Meditation and Its Benefits
Benefits of Meditation
The Benefits of Meditation
What is meditation?
It’s a mental/spiritual technique for relaxing the mind. Its objectives are the subconscious mind free from compulsive habit to think incessantly. Spiritual meditation is used to know the pathway to Divinity. We can increase power of our subconscious mind.
Research has shown that Meditation can contribute to an individual's psychological, spiritual and physiological well-being. Meditation gives you a sense of great clarity of consciousness that allows you to identify with the mental, physical and emotional being.
Meditation is a bridge to connect your body and mind. So we can divide benefits of meditation into three categories.
- It reduce work load of heart as our heart rate become low during meditation.
- It decrease metabolic rate which gives us feeling of rest.
- We can physically become more fit by doing regular yoga and meditation.
- During deep meditation, our body reduces cortisol and lactate, as well as stress system.
- We can control over eating or control diet by meditation.
- Meditation helps to control our blood pressure.
- Increase blood flow by deep regular meditation.
- It also helps to keep our skin fresh and young as it control unstable oxygen molecules which cause tissue damage
- You can avoid or reduce or can able to take control your drug and alcohol addiction.
- Cholesterol levels decrease by meditation.
- Researchers also found that meditation help to keep you young and energetic.
- Asthma patients can use meditation for their easier breathing as it improved flow of air to the lungs.
Mental or psychological benefits:
- The slow, steady breathing of meditation can help reduce depression, irritability, moodiness, anxiety, stress.
- Regular deep meditation may increased self-actualization, learning ability, memory, self, emotional stability and feelings of vitality and rejuvenation
- Practicing daily meditation can provide peace of mind and an overall sense of well-being.
Personal and spiritual growth may occur though a deep meditation. Regular practice of meditation affects in a positive way of one's behavior and thinking. Regular meditationincrease production of “feel good” hormones such as serotonin and endorphins, providing a natural “high.” You can see positive sides of life through meditation and able to think positively. There are many techniques and traditions of meditation all over the world. But ultimate goal is same.
So readers above are some benefits of meditation that I find out. It helps me personally and I will feel great if my hub help any of you. So keep in touch and put a comment if you think that I miss some fact.
Share your feelings.
Do you practice meditation?See results without voting
More by this Author
Tree provides shelter and food for innumerable species of animals. In every single point of life somehow we are related with tree or tree products. We all are so used to about tree facilities that we even don’t...
Computer Hardware Maintenance CPU Maintenance Every day you rely on your PC or laptop to perform tasks, access resources and connect with people. An unmentioned CPU can make your PC slower. Which become very disturbing...
Reasons for air pollution Air pollution is something that we cannot ignore. Humans first experienced air pollution when making fires in caves. Since then earth's surface get polluted day by day, more and more. ...