Migraine Headache Relief Tips
Migraine Headache Relief Tips
When a person gets a migraine headache, the pain is often quite severe. Some people get migraines quite often, while others get them sporadically. No matter your frequency of experiencing this ailment, you understand that it is hard to live with. When I have gotten one, I find it almost impossible to complete basic daily tasks because it can be so bad. If you have ever suffered from a migraine, you have been through many different methods of getting rid of the headache. Well, I am going to give you some tips that have provided me with migraine headache relief.
1) For most cases, taking an over the counter medication works. It is hard to recommend one for each person, since we are all different. Taking Advil liquid gels have provided me some relief and often work. For others it may be Tylenol or aspirin, or some other medicine.
2) When I suffer from a migraine, I stop reading, writing, and looking at a television or computer monitor. The words or colors often contribute to the pain. By eliminating those obstacles, I find it easier to rest my eyes and my head. It may help to sit back and close your eyes.
3) If I decide to close my eyes, I make sure to make sure that the room is dark. Bright lights can make a migraine worse. I also try to avoid falling asleep, because when I wake up my head is often pounding worse. Resting in the dark, with your eyes closed can greatly improve the symptoms that I have.
4) Maintain a normal sleep schedule is also important. Migraines are often triggered by a sleeping pattern being disrupted. This could be a sleep related disorder or changing time zones or something like that. Keeping a regular sleeping pattern is a healthy thing to do.
5) Finally, many of my headaches are triggered by changes in weather patterns. Frequently, when a cold front moves through, the pressure outside changes triggering a migraine. Research has shown that significant weather events can cause migraines in the majority of patients. On those days I either try to avoid going outside or try not to over exert myself which could cause one.
These migraine relief tips have worked for me in the past and very well could work for you. Most people suffer from the occasional migraine, but if you happen to suffer from chronic ones, you should seek medical attention.
- Headaches and Migraines Center: Treatments, Causes, Types (Cluster, Tension, Chronic, Sinus, and Mor
Approximately 45 million Americans suffer from chronic headaches, and of them, 28 million suffer from migraines. Get migraine and headache information and learn about their causes, triggers, and treatments.
- MedlinePlus: Migraine
- Migraine - MayoClinic.com
Migraine — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes, treatment of this debilitating variety of headache.
More by this Author
When one thinks of cults and the negative effects of them, the People’s Temple and the Jonestown mass suicide usually comes to mind first. The loss of life totaled over 900 members of the cult and several innocent...
Alexis de Tocqueville’s political masterpiece, “Democracy in America”, touches on several core themes that define the main messages of the book. The most important one of these is based on equality in...
While the United States remains a relatively young country compared to many others in the world, we have our fair share of history. One of the more interesting aspects of history is mysteries and solving them....