Growth Hormone for Height and Muscle Mass: Diet to Increase HGH Naturally
Human Growth Hormone and Health; HGH Research
Clinical Studies and Research have stated that the Human Growth Hormone, a hormone secreted by the pituitary gland, plays a very crucial role in gaining muscle mass and height.
This hormone, also referred to as the master hormone, has been in the news for its unique abilities to treat chronic fatigue, fighting aging, increasing vitality, reducing fat and increasing muscle mass, increasing height, enhancing memory, treating depression and normalizing blood pressure.
However, the use of synthetic HGH is regulated by the Food and Drug Administration in lieu of the potential side effects associated. Research also says that there are certain dietary and food prescriptions that can enhance the natural production of HGH in the body.
Human Growth Hormone for Increase Height: HGH for Building Muscle Mass
The Growth Hormone is secreted from the pituitary gland, and in turn it stimulates the production of Insulin like Growth Factor (IGF-1) in the liver. This IGF-1 is responsible for most of the actions associated with HGH.
IGF-1 activates a muscular enzyme - calcineurin, by increasing the concentration of calcium ion in the muscles. This stimulates GATA-2 which increases the contractile protein in the muscle mass, a factor responsible for muscular hypertrophy or enlargement. Interestingly, studies have shown that HGH actually hastens fat metabolism, while concurrently aiding in increasing the muscle mass; and hence it has been become increasingly famous among body builders and athletes.
IGF-1 also promotes the replication and growth of cells located in the epiphysis of long bones, which increases the size and length of these bones. These epiphysis plates of long bones comprise of cartilaginous tissue which transform into solid bone after puberty. Hence, the action of HGH helps increase height prior to puberty. These actions of IGF-1 in promoting muscle mass and increasing height have resulted in the hormone being named as the 'master hormone'.
Diet to Increase Height and Muscle Mass: HGH Enhancing Diet
Studies have pointed out the some amino acids play a pivotal part in stimulating the pituitary gland to enhance the production of HGH, which in turn helps increase height and muscle mass. These amino acids include L-Arginine, L-Lysine, L-Glutamine and L-Ornithine. Certain foods are rich in essential amino acids and proteins which naturally boost the levels of HGH:
- Milk: Milk is loaded with proteins and it also supplies a wide range of other nutrients and vitamins including Vitamin B complex (primarily Vitamin B12). Being easily digestible, milk allows maximum absorption of proteins, except in individuals suffering with lactose intolerance.
- Egg: The white of an egg contains 100 % protein, while the yolk contains fat. Consuming 3-6 boiled eggs daily can help enhance HGH production in the body and also aid in increasing height and muscle mass.
- Chicken: Chicken is very high in protein content and is loaded with B complex vitamins. In addition, chicken also supplies certain trace minerals that are essential for growth and development. Consuming 100 grams of chicken each day can boost HGH production significantly.
- Soy: One of the important sources of proteins for vegetarians, soy helps improve bone mass and muscle mass in the body, by stimulating the production of HGH
Dietary Guidelines to Increase HGH Naturally
While the above mentioned foods may be beneficial in stimulating the production of HGH, there are other precautionary measures and dietary considerations that need to be taken care of; these are:
- Avoid foods that are high in glycemic content like pastas, potatoes or refined sugars. These foods result in rapid rise in blood sugar levels which in turn stimulates the production of insulin. Elevated levels of insulin tend to encourage the production of somatostatin, a hormone that suppresses the production of HGH.
- Include foods that are low in glycemic index and high in fiber content. These foods include - legumes, nuts, whole grains and beans.
- Limit your intake of fat, especially, saturated fat. Instead, increase your consumption of olive oil which is also beneficial for the heart.
- Occasional fasting can stimulate the production of HGH, however fasting is not recommended in individuals suffering from diabetes, hypertension and cardiovascular disease.
More by this Author
Abdominal distention and bloating are common digestive problems and can be treated promptly using simple home remedies. Lifestyle modifications also help deal with a gassy stomach.
Muscle knots in the back are often responsible for severe back pain and muscle spasms. There are several home based treatment options to manage back pain along with diet and supplements to treat painful muscle knot...
Liver Cysts rarely have any symptoms; nonetheless, the condition hampers liver functions considerably. Home remedies help treat the condition successfully and keep the liver functioning optimally.