My Bucket List
Ten Things To Do Before I Die.
1. Visit all 50 states in the United States. I have been to many states throughout our great country, but I want to visit all 50. There are so many wonderful things to see in our great country. As of right now 26 July I have seen 32 states.
2. Travel the world. I want to visit the coliseum in Rome, the Eifel Tower in France, the Pyramids of Egypt, and the Rock of Gibraltar. These are only a couple of the places I want to see. As I am of Scottish ancestry I want to go to the highlands of Scotland, being half Irish I shall also visit the emerald isle as well.
3. Fly an airplane. Nothing is more freeing that flying. For those that think I am Superman, I really cannot fly and would need an airplane. I think it would be awesome to fly an old WWII era airplane. My romantic dream is for me to load up in an airplane with my wife and fly her to a deserted field, land, and commence a picnic.
4. Alas, I am not superman and cannot fly so skydiving is next on this list. This would be the most terrifying thing to do. However, once in the air I am positive that I would feel exhilarated. Freedom exists in the air. How fast would one fall though?
5. Write a novel. I would love to write a novel in its entirety and publish it. But, why would I stop at one? I wouldn’t as I tend to obsess when something grabs my attention. I think this is a dream of everyone who has imagination and can write coherently.
6. I also want to write an autobiography. I would not publish this work though. The simple reason is because I am not an interesting person and nobody would want to know how I lived my life. This autobiography would be passed on to my descendants though.
7. Before I die I want to truly help someone. Everywhere we go we see people living in poverty. These people that roam the streets breaks’ my heart but, how does one know the real from the false? I would have to search for someone who honestly needs some help, and then I would give that person $1000.00.
8. Make my wife immortal. What you may ask? Yes immortalize my wife. You can name a star after someone. I would name a star after my wife so that she can be around forever. Then she and I would lay in a field or the backyard and gaze upon her star.
9. Build a muscle car. I will build a 1970 Chevy Chevelle. These cars are awesome. You can see one in “Talladega Nights.” I will build one that can jump a pop can.
10. Finally, the last item on the list. I will cherish every moment I have with my children and wife. I will not let one more chance to spend time with my family slip away. This is the biggest mistake I have made in life and I will not repeat it.
More by this Author
To be smoke free is a dream many smokers dream about. The question is not why, but how. How does someone go from a pack of cigarettes a day to none ever again? How would you feel if I told you...
There is an epidemic going on in America and abroad. That epidemic is the use of supplements. Don’t get me wrong some supplements are good to take while others just waste your time and...
Once upon a time in America there lived a genre of music that so captivated teenagers and young adults that they would forever immortalized the music. Music has a way of freeing the soul. It can make you feel happy,...