When You Need a Quick Workout
Start with the Lunge
Running Up the Stairs
No time to workout exercises
Here are ten one minute workouts that you can do. Something that you can do when you have short breaks.
1. Lunges work the hips and the lower legs. Slowly step backward with one leg in the lunge position; next bend both knees and lowering your hips so that the forward thigh is parallel with the floor. Make sure the front knee is vertically above the foot and ankle. Return to the starting position. Hold this for one minute. Repeat with alternating leg. Do as many reps that you feel comfortable with. Add some some barbells or 5, 10 or more pounds if desired.
2. Run up the Stairs for a good workout for your legs and butt muscles. Then run or walk down the stairs. For an extra workout, try going up the stairs two at a time. Repeat this several times.
3. Arm circles work on the whole shoulder. Do this for one minute and you will feel the workout. Start by making small circular motions with both arms on either side. After a few repetitions of small circles, enlarge your circles and do the same number of reps.
Here are a few other quick exercises to do.
4. Sit ups
5. Push ups
6. Jumping rope
7. Walk or run in place
8. Dance to a song on the radio
For more quick exercises view the videos below. Amazon offers some great books and videos for busy people wanting to get a quick workout.
Quick Weight Loss Workout
Workout Shows Off Your Body
- Insider Nutrition Secrets
Tear down the curtain of mystery that surrounds fad diets. Insider Nutrition Secrets will de-mystify and reveal the answers you need before you start wondering where you are going to store all those special meals that cost an arm and a leg.
- 177 Ways To Lose Weight
Have you tried some or all of those diets? Are you sick and tired of being pushed, shoved and pulled in 10 different directions when it comes to finding a diet that works?
- How to Have Fun Getting Fit
Fitness and fun can go hand in hand with the right frame of mind. We tend to think of exercise as boring. Obesity is a growing concern, especially in the United States and the European countries. It is so easy to get into a rut.
- My Top 10 Healthful Choices
You don't need anything but the right foods and the right plan to achieve your perfect healthful balance This is the biggest money making scam in the world today: Companies selling you worthless supplements and fat burners with false promises.
30 Hubs in 30 Days
Quick Workouts on Amazon
Health on Hubpages
- Can Chinese Medicine Cure Eczema?
Eczema on the arms Eczema is something that runs in my family. I have lived with this since my teen years. I had suffered chronic eczema when we owned a ferret, named Roxie for nine years. Large patches...
- Lose Weight with Positive Affirmations
Loss weight with positive affirmations. Then read about the 177 weight loss tips (listed below). There are many different diets waiting to slim down you pocketbook. The fact is, most of these dont work....
- Home Remedies For a Cold
Whenever we came down with a cold my mother would mix up a combination of honey and lemon juice in equal parts. She would dispense this as any liquid cough medicine in teaspoon form. She would also make a pot...
- Alzheimers Disease Prevention With Ginkgo Biloba
This is a slice through a healthy brain Ginkgo biloba has been shown to help slow down the progression of Alzheimers disease. According to the AMA Health Care Trends 2008 under Complementary and...
- Natural Treatment of Homeopathy
Mortar and pestle used for grinding insoluble solids into homeopathic remedies including quartz and oyster shells. In 1796, German physician Samuel Hahnemann treated patients with heavily diluted...
- Heal with Colors
It has been shown that the color affects our mood. Some colors make us uneasy, while other colors gives out a warm comfortable feeling. Orange can be a stressful color, while blue is a calm color....
- Energy of Yoga
The Shiva Pashupati, seal with the seated Shiva figure termed Pashupati. According to Indus archeologist Gregory Possehl, Several steatite seals discovered at Indus Valley Civilization sites depict figures in...
- Choosing a Diet to Lower Your Cholesterol
Walk side by side with Good Cholesterol. Don't let Bad Cholesterol get behind you. Cholesterol is defined in two parts. The first part is Low-density lipoprotein, or LDL. This is the bad type of cholesterol...
- Atkins Diet a Way of Life
Since my daughter was born, I have struggled with my weight. No matter how much I exercised and cut back on calories, it just wasn't working. Gaining weight isnt just about calories. It is how our bodies...
- Acupuncture versus Acupressure
Acupuncture and Acupressure are both part of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) or alternative medicine. These both work off of the pressure points and are centered on touching meridians which carry energy...
© 2010 Sandy Mertens
More by this Author
Do you burn up or begin hiccuping while eating jalapeno peppers? Then you may very well be allergic to these. The best way is to avoid the peppers altogether.
Comments 17 comments
The copyright to this article is owned by Sandy Mertens (sandyspider). Permission to republish this article in print or online must be granted by the author in writing. (You can, however, freely use the opening introduction and photo with a link to the article here on HubPages to read the remainder of the article.)