Oranges: Extraction of Orange Oil | Physical Benefits | Emotional Benefits
Buy Orange Oil Concentrate
An orange is the best citrus fruit, which is refreshing, delicious, energetic, and contains high levels of vitamin C, which is an essential nutrient for human body. Orange also contains low levels of sodium making it an important fruit to include in low sodium diets. Application of essential orange oil extracted from whole oranges inspires love, compassion, and affection. Essential orange oil brings joy in life, neutralizes old fears, helps a person to face new challenges, relieves joint and muscle pains, and stimulates absorption of vitamin C in the body. If you want to know more about the amazing health benefits of orange oil and its healing properties, keep on reading this article. Scientific name of orange is Citrus aurantium dulcis. Like other citrus fruits, it belongs to the Rutaceae citrus family, which includes over 1600 plant species. Orange tree is an evergreen tree of medium size that grows up to 6 to 9 meters in height with regular branches and rounded crown. Orange tree has a single trunk, which is strong and cylindrical and is greenish-gray in color. Orange essential oil is good for relaxation and depression. It works like an anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antispasmodic, and normalizes the peristaltic action of intestines. It is purifying and digestive.
Extraction of Orange Oil
Orange essential oil is obtained through cold pressed or cold extraction of either whole oranges or their shells. It requires approximately 50 oranges to extract only 30 ml. of pure orange essential oil.
Physical Benefits of Orange Oil
- Orange essential oil helps in combating infections and reducing inflammation.
- Orange essential oil relieves joint and muscle pains.
- Orange essential oil stimulates the absorption of vitamin C in the body.
- Orange essential oil helps fortify the immune system.
- Orange essential oil lowers temperature in general fever.
- Orange essential oil calms and soothes stomach pains and digestive problems, especially that are related to stress, tension, and depression.
- Orange essential oil relaxes the muscles of viscera, especially bladder, bowel, womb, and fallopian tubes.
- Orange essential oil produces antispasmodic effects.
- Orange essential oil balances body fluids, helps reach lymph tissues, and combats fluid retention.
- Orange essential oil promotes perspiration assisting in elimination of skin toxins, like acnes and other skin lesions.
- Orange essential oil dilates blood vessels and thereby promotes nutrient and water supply to cells and tissues.
Emotional Benefits of Orange Oil
- Orange essential oil is an antidepressant with sedative effects.
- Orange essential oil relaxes and balances emotions.
- Orange essential oil relieves anxiety and unknown fears.
- Orange essential oil provides a feeling of warmth and happiness that takes away the seriousness and gravity of difficult situations.
- Orange essential oil combats insomnia and relieves tension and stressful conditions.
- Orange essential oil applied at night works as a sleep aid, as it penetrates deep in the scalp and is restful.
- Orange essential oil helps calm anger, bad temper, and tantrums.
- Orange essential oil relieves sadness and anger.
Side effects of Orange Oil
- Orange essential oil is meant for external use only.
- You should avoid strong sunlight after use of orange essential oil on skin because it increases photosensitivity.
- Orange essential oil can also irritate sensitive skin.
- Orange essential oil should be diluted in almond oil base before massage.
- Avoid contact of orange essential oil with eyes and mucous membranes.
Also, orange peel extract softgels and capsules when taken as herbal supplements combat infection, reduce inflammation, and treat skin cancer.
Orange peel extract is also good for weight loss, heartburn,
acid reflux, as a guard against esophagitis.
More by this Author
You don’t have to worry if you are suffering from graying of your hair at an early age because you are not the only one. According to some recent studies and surveys, approximately half of world’s adult...
If you will go through the books of naturopathy or natural/alternative medicine, you will see a lot of mention about horse chestnut which is a beautiful and tall deciduous tree. Horse chestnut extract has been used...
In very simple terms, PCOS or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is a genetic problem with various hormonal manifestations. It presents with a rainbow of symptoms, including: difficulty losing weight, a tendency to gain...