7 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Potassium
Potassium is a metal belonging to the alkaline group which is an essential constituent of body cells and tissues. Some of its salts are used for medicinal purposes and in action are similar to those of sodium.
7 Things You Should Know About Potassium
- As sodium pulls fluids into your body, potassium pushes wastes out. These two minerals are chiefly responsible for our internal plumbing. If you are overweight, have high blood pressure and retain fluids you probably need potassium.
- Potassium is needed to support, repair and strengthen the entire muscular system throughout the body.
- The heart is a muscle - a fresh crispy salad a day goes a long way to improving your longevity.
- Potassium foods improve blood circulation, prevent hardening of the arteries, eliminate blood impurities via the kidneys and combine with iron to increase tissue oxidation.
- Potassium is the healing mineral, with calcium, providing speedy recovery from injuries, cuts, burns and bruises.
- Sufferers from arthritis, rheumatic aches and pains need potassium. Uric acid wastes can be stirred when potassium intake is increased - urine becomes darker and stronger and joints may be more painful as this acid waste is chemically removed.
- A person with too much potassium may suffer from hypertension, fluid problems, muscular weakness, dry mouth, constipation, depression, rapid respiration, dull muscular aches and pains and always feeling slightly tired.
Parsley, spinach, radish, beetroot, avocado, asparagus, dates, raisins, raw walnuts, figs, cashews, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, whole grains, pinto beans, red beans, chick peas, lentils, lychee's, garlic, dried pears, black cherries, coconut.
More by this Author
You may not consider your neck the most important body part to concentrate on in the gym, but you have at least three important reasons to work it. 1) your neck muscles are responsible for your head movements, 2)...
Agel is a company that produces and distributes vitamins, minerals, proteins and other health and wellbeing products in the form of a gel through a network of independent distributors. Agel is a Multi Level Marketing...
Perspiration is the moisture given off by the skin from activity of the sweat glands. The characteristic odor of sweat is caused by the breakdown, or decompostion, of the sweat by bacteria. Deodorant antiperspirants...