Pumpkin Seed Oil For Healthy Cooking: Nutritional Facts | Benefits | Where to Buy it
Pumpkin seed oil is extracted by cold pressing of raw pumpkin seeds. This oil has a number of interesting properties and is used by millions of people worldwide without any side effects or intolerance. Pumpkin seed oil is high in nutritional value as it contains 30 to 40% protein, 35 to 40% unsaturated fatty acids (of which 24 to 38% is oleic and 43 to 56% is linoleic). Pumpkin seed oil contains 5 to 9% carbohydrates, 20% fiber. This nutritional oil is rich in manganese, selenium, iron, zinc, magnesium, copper, and potassium. Besides being loaded with minerals, pumpkin oil also provides us with beta-carotene and many vitamins namely vitamin D, vitamin E, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B3, and vitamin B6. Therefore it is not surprising to know that pumpkin seed oil is used as a medical seasoning in vegetables, salads, and soups and is used for healthy cooking of many other foods and recipes.
Are you searching for where to buy pumpkin seed oil, your seach ends here
Now learn some health benefits of pumpkin seed oil
- Pumpkin seed oil is especially recommended for hair loss and problems of falling hair and fragile nails.
- It is also recommended in treatment of dental caries.
- Pumpkin seeds and oil are highly effective in getting rid of intestinal parasites like tapeworm, (take a tablespoon of raw pumpkin seeds or a teaspoon of pumpkin seed oil empty stomach for this).
- Pumpkin seed oil is beneficial in treatment of constipation and colitis.
- Pumpkin seed oil has a diuretic action and it promotes kidney function. Pumpkin oil is also good for treating urinary incontinence.
- Pumpkin seed oil is good for prostate. The prostate is a gland that needs a lot of zinc as zinc is an important mineral for the production of sperm; therefore, prostate has an important role to play in fertility. Also, some impotence problems are related to the bad condition of prostate. That is why some people notice a sudden improvement and enhancement in their sexual desire and increased potency after they have treated their prostate.
- Also pumpkin seeds contain a lot of zinc which is beneficial for the health of our eyes and our eyes need a good supply of this nutrient.
- Pumpkin seed oil is beneficial for treatment of benign adenomas, inflammation, atrophy, abnormal growth, etc.
- Pumpkin oil has wonderful anti-inflammatory effects which benefits people who are prone to inflammation of the urinary bladder, a disease known as cystitis.
- Pumpkin seed oil is also good for treatment of cardiovascular diseases because it has high contents of polyunsaturated fatty acids which help in maintaining balanced cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
So after reading benefits and nutritional facts of pumpkin seed oil, you must be tempted to buy this oil and start cooking your food in it. As already mentioned above, you can also use pumpkin seed oil for healthy cooking and for medical seasoning on your salads, etc. So go ahead and buy pumpkin seed oil either online or from your local grocery store. Best of luck.
Are you searching for where to buy pumpkin seeds, if yes, your search ends here
More by this Author
Lately, there are a lot of fake protein powders and weight gainers selling around in the nutritional supplements market. Beware of following fake powders: Optimum Nutrition (Serious Mass) - Fake 5, 6 and 12 lbs...
Fish oil Fish oil has always been known to contain Omega-3 fatty acids, which are very beneficial for people suffering from heart disease, hypertension, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, bipolar disorder, and many types of...
If you are overburdened with your longstanding credit card debt, fed up of receiving harassing phone calls by your credit card issuing bank, want to get rid of debt collectors who threaten you at your home and office on...