Self-Esteem, Love yourself most of all!

reference Wit, Witticism and Wisdom - S_files

How to increase your self-Esteem?

Know yourself and your strenghts and weaknesses.

Uplift yourself by positive thinking.

Love yourself first of all.

Trust yourself and your instincts.

Accept youself as you are.

Respect yourself first of all.

Be yourself as an original.

Assert yourself without feeling guilty.

Do actions independently.

Believe in yourself.

Emotionally support yourself.

Grow yourself by taking risks and coping with guilt.

 

Self-Esteem is the worth that you put on yourself in totality. It varies from time to time within a range.

What is the :

  • Level of your self-esteem(self-worth) in the scale from 0 to 10?
  • Level of your happiness in the scale from 0 to 10?
  • Co-relation between your level of happiness and self-esteem?
  • Inventory of your highest and lowest self-esteem years?

How self-Esteem works?

Psychologically, what you become in life is determined 95% by the time you cross your teenage:

  • 0 - 5 yrs - 50%
  • 5 - 8 yrs - 30%
  • 8 - 18 yrs - 15%
  • 18 + yrs - 05%

However, you can use the last 5 % power to influence the rest of your 95%!

  • Self-Esteem building block : Of appreciation and love.
  • Self-Esteem demolition team : Of parents, teachers, society, friends, riots, hardships, rape, poverty, failures etc.
  • We become our own demolition team : by becoming our own critical internal parents.
  • Gathering building blocks : throughout life, because everybody has some gaping holes somewhere. Building blocks from any source work the same way to strengthen your self-Esteem.

How self-Esteem works?

  • It works like a thermostat within its range e.g. from 5 to 7.
  • Accordingly you have your levels of happiness and positive or negative patterns.
  • Low self-Esteem forms negative patterns by- 1) Not attempting any worthwhile goals by underestimating your potential, Overcompensating your perceived faults, Living on self-fulfilling prophecies (Pygmallion effect), Self abuse and addictions, getting trapped in endless cycle of more self hurt and less self-love.

Negative thoughts <----------> Negative words <-----------> Negative results

This is the pattern of all negative behaviours and failures of your life. However, as self-esteem increases, suffering and failures cease to be acceptable alternatives.

How to increase your self-Esteem?

Know yourself and your strenghts and weaknesses.

Uplift yourself by positive thinking.

Love yourself first of all.

Trust yourself and your instincts.

Accept youself as you are.

Respect yourself first of all.

Be yourself as an original.

Assert yourself without feeling guilty.

Do actions independently.

Believe in yourself.

Emotionally support yourself.

Grow yourself by taking risks and coping with guilt.

Share yourself with others.

More by this Author


Comments 3 comments

imatellmuva profile image

imatellmuva 5 years ago from Somewhere in Baltimore

Cleanclover, first let me say Thank You for following me....a newbie!! I feel so honored!

This article on self-esteem is awesome, and will help people more than you may realize. Thank You!


ksha16 profile image

ksha16 8 years ago from In

Very interesting hub!


Cleanclover profile image

Cleanclover 8 years ago from Piece of land! Author

thank you nice to see u too

    Sign in or sign up and post using a HubPages Network account.

    0 of 8192 characters used
    Post Comment

    No HTML is allowed in comments, but URLs will be hyperlinked. Comments are not for promoting your articles or other sites.


    Click to Rate This Article
    working