Flatten Your Stomach with Simple Yoga Postures
The Best and Easy Way to Flatten your Stomach
Yoga which originally began from ancient India has now become one of the best fitness routine practiced globally. Practicing yoga regularly not only reduces stress but improves flexibility and makes you feel good about your body. Here are some asanas or postures which will help you flatten your stomach.
Kapalbhati Pranayama(Breathing Exercise)
Amazing Books to Learn Yoga
· Sit on a mat with your legs folded towards your thigh.
· Stretch your spine upwards, extend your neck and delicately bring your chin back and in like a soldier at attention. This will align the spine with the back of your head.
· Close your eyes.
· Your hands should be in a meditating position which is called Gyan Mudra. In Gyan Mudra have your thumb tips and index finger meeting, with the wrists resting gently on the knees and the palms turned slightly upwards.
· Relax your stomach muscles.
· Now expel the air as forcefully as you are comfortable with through the nose so that your abdominal muscles contract sharply and draw the abdomen inwards towards the spine (like when you suck in your stomach).
· Then allow the inhalation to occur passively without any additional effort. I want to mention again that the exhalation is done using conscious sharp force, while the inhalation is just a draw back action bringing the air back into the lungs. All the breathing should take place through the nose. Right after the passive inhalation, exhale again forcefully and continue at a steady rhythm. The rhythm can be started slowly in the beginning and then you can speed up it up.
· Do a round of 10 repetitions.
· Work your way up to doing 5 rounds, while taking a break between each round.
Pawan-Muktasana(Wind Releasing Pose)
Learn Yoga to Stay Fit and Healthy
· Lie on your back. Use a mat to cushion your spine.
· Now bend your knees up to you chest until your thigh touches your stomach.
· Next, take a deep breath, inhaling slowly through the nostrils and hug your knees in place with both your hands and fingers interlocked.
· Stretch out your toes and keep holding the breath. Clasping your knee by both hands slowly lift up your head and try to touch your knee with your nose.
· Hold on to this position for 4-5 seconds and then exhale and simultaneously release your legs to original position in a slow movement.
· For this posture, you start by lying on your stomach
· Now place your hands underneath your shoulders, and then raise your upper body off the ground by using your back muscles.
· Raise yourself until your head is upright. You must make sure not to push with your hands, as your back muscles should to do the work.
· Hold yourself in this position for about thirty seconds before slowly lowering yourself back to starting position.
Now in this exercise, even though you are making use of your back muscles to do all the work, this asana will help you to reduce your belly fat and helps to flatten your stomach.
The Bow Pose Yoga(Dhanurasana)
Yoga Kits, Quality Mats and Towels to Practice Yoga
This is somewhat similar to the previous asana.
· You start with lying on your stomach.
· In addition to curling your legs upward, you must also lift your upper torso.
· Firstly, bend your knees so that your feet come towards your head.
· Grab your ankles with both hands and pull the ankles with your hands while at the same time pushing with your legs. You should make sure that only your stomach is on the floor. You should feel like you're making a circle.
· Keep your knees together throughout.
· Now hold this position for thirty seconds and then slowly release and return to your starting position.
Regular practice of these yoga asanas or postures will not only flatten your stomach but will also make you slimmer, increase your flexibility and strength.