The Power of Using Essential Oils: Why You Should Go For Them
What Are Essential Oils?
Essential oils are distilled from plants, trees, flowers, shrubs, seeds, and other organic sources. Hence, they are widely popular for attaining natural health. Essential oils are widely used in aromatherapy for its ability to affect the physiological system to cure a variety of conditions. These type of oils also create an oxygenating effect that helps in the transportation and absorption of nutrients to your body cells. The oxygen is essential in the assimilation of nutrients and attain optimum health.
Most of the essential oils that are currently available in the market are used topically. The essences are highly volatile and easily evaporates such that a person inhales them. Once inhaled, they enter the body and into the cells, thus affecting the functions of the body.
Use Natural Medicine No. 11 Essential Oil Aromatherapy
Benefits of Essential Oils
There are a variety of applications for essential oil but the most popular of them would have to be aromatherapy. The fragrance present in those oils are utilized for physical, psychological, and aesthetic healing using your sense of smell.
Even with one's daily life, you can experience the benefits of using essential oil. Several individuals use them for invigoration during the morning, while others enjoy its calming benefits after a pressure-filled day. Depending on which specific essential oil you are using, its benefits range from soothing inflammation, antiseptic, digestive stimulation, or relieving one from dull pain. You can also seek the advice of your aromatherapist for recommendation on which specific essential oil to use for your concerns.
The natural anti-fungal and anti-inflammative properties of essential oils make them a suitable product to use for holistic but natural healing agent.
Essential Oil and Aromatherapy
Aromatherapy is an ancient practice that is still currently observed for its natural and effective healing capacity. This practice is closely tied up with the use of essential oils for its natural plant essences that bring about healing. But aromatherapy isn't just about healing since it also assist in the promotion of one's health and well-being.
The combination of aromatherapy and use of essential oils can treat a wide array of conditions: from normal pains or aches, to injuries, or any form of comfort or inflammation caused by various health problems. The key to a successful aromatherapy, therefore, is using the appropriate oils with the proper healing elements to cure a given condition.
Essential Oils For Aromatherapy
Aromatherapy For Yoga
Yoga has existed for thousands of years and has offered a lot of beneficial effects for anyone working to attain improved physical and mental well-being. The combination of stretching, breathing exercises, and attaining inner peace has contributed to those benefits. Therefore, health practitioners are looking to further those benefits that has led to the use of aromatherapy in yoga practice.
The traditional use of incenses has always been a major part of yoga practice. But recent yoga settings have prevented the usage of incenses, thus prompting yoga practitioners to find another method. Hence, the use of essential oils in yoga has been innovated and its benefits has been quite profound. For one, it aids in attaining a level of relaxation that is of utmost importance in yoga experience. Further studies also claim that the use of essential oils help sharpen one's mind to increase memory retention and ability to take note of minute details.
Proper Usage Of Essential Oils
Although the benefits of using essential oil has been widely recognized, it is best to heed proper instructions when it comes to using them. This will enable you to avoid causing damage as opposed to experiencing its benefits. When using pre-blended essential oils, here are a few of the steps you need to cover:
- Essential oils or any type of oil used in aromatherapy are now widely accessible. In some cases, they are even sold online such that you can purchase them anytime without prescription. While they might be safe to use, it is still best to consult a qualified aromatherapist. Most essential oils you find over-the-counter or online are generic. By consulting an aromatherapist, you'd be able to find a specific type of oil that can address specific issues that you have.
- Practice proper storage system for your pre-blended essential oils. That way, you can maximize their storage life since most are known to be effective for as much as 10 years. When you fail to do this, you could end up having to replace them more often or reduce their efficacy.
- It might be an obvious tip but there are several people who fail to read instructions carefully. There are other types of oil that are made without carrier oil, hence they require some diluting first before you can actually use them. Pure essential oils are too strong and harsh to use directly, so you are putting yourself at serious risks by neglecting to read instructions.
Precautions When Using Essential Oils
There are certain safety measures that you need to address in terms of using essential oils. That way, you can maximize its healing capacity and reduce any potential risks:
- Never go directly to bathe in the sun soon after applying essential oils in your skin. The sun can produce some adverse reactions against your skin with the presence of the oil.
- When handling or using essential oils, keep in mind that it is flammable and must be kept away from fire.
- Avoid taking essential oils internally.
- Different individuals react to the use of essential oils differently. Therefore, you need to inform your aromatherapist beforehand if you have any condition that might be triggered with the use of oils.
- Whenever using oils, avoid applying them directly to your body without testing them. To do this, get a small amount of oil and apply it on a small area of your skin. Wait for at least 24 hours to diagnose whether any allergies have formed on the area where you have applied. If there are none, then you can proceed at using it.
- If possible, try to limit the amount of essential oils you use to the instructed dosage.
- Safely store your bottles of essential oils in areas that children cannot reach. Children are at risk of taking them internally, which is not what essential oils are intended for.
Scented Oils vs Essential Oils
If you're new at using essential oils, the wide array of products that is available can lead to confusion. Hence, it is highly advised that you understand the properties of each to determine what suits you most. One of the major sources of confusion comes in identifying between essential oils and scented oils.
Essential oils are volatile plant oils extracted from plants for its healing properties. Essential oils have since been known to treat several physical and psychological conditions. As for scented oils, most of them are not actually extracted from plants but is rather manufactured. They are created solely for its scent and has not therapeutic or restorative benefit.
Links on Essential Oils
- Essential Oils Archives - Taruna Oils
Taruna Oils offers therapeutic grade aromatherapy & essential oils for mind, body & spirit. Freshly cultivated and steam distilled, the essential oils in Taruna Oil's collection are life-enhancing gifts from nature.
Aromatherapy Essential Oil DVDs on Amazon
Books on Essential Oils
More by this Author
If vanilla sounds familiar, then it is probably because you've used it several times before in the kitchen. But truth is, vanilla and its essential oils have far more applications outside the kitchen. In fact, it is one...
Hormones serve as chemical messengers within your body that is responsible for regulating various body functions such as growth and development, reproductive functions, metabolism, and tissue functions, among others....
In Ayurveda, a natural medical practice from India. One of the practices included in this philosophy is the use of massage for various purposes. There are a number of different types of massage within the Ayurveda...