Youth - The Wonders of Being Young
Get Going Youth
Youth is a Time to Be Happy
Youth should be a time of happiness. It is ideally, a time of good health, freedom, security and boundless opportunities. It is, for the fortunate, a time to enjoy life confident in the knowledge that the burden of life's responsibilities lie mainly in the hands of their elders. Those who are less fortunate should be supported, assisted and encouraged so that they too can enjoy the benefits of this special stage in life. Who would not want to be forever young? Who would not wish to recapture their youth?
Young People Communicate on the Move
It is Truly Wonderful to be Young!
Young people are fond of using the phrase “I’m young!” - A wonderful feeling indeed! They use it as a passport to accessing opportunities, an excuse for frivolous behavior or simply because they are truly enjoying the experience of being young! It is sometimes flung at elders as a taunt meaning “Gimme a break! You’re boring” But does a young person truly grasp the beauty of being young? I believe that we never truly value our youth until we begin to age.
Together Move Mountains
The Wonders of Being Young
Here are some of the wonders of being young:
- Young people have dreams and it seems that the whole world is open before them and there is time - Time to sit and ponder possibilities, time to study, learn and grow; time to make mistakes and start afresh; time to desire, time to hope; time to party all night and sleep all day; time for courting, romance, heartbreak and making up; time to live!
- Youth is busy! No time to waste on second thoughts. Youth acts on impulse and it they fail... Oh well, there's always a second chance. Youth wants things and wants them now.Youth is on the move because there's a world of adventure and fun out there beckoning to them to come and join in.
- Youth is full of contradictions which somehow make a lot of sense...like having time and not having time...Like hating today and loving tomorrow; like knowing the risks, but wanting to make their own mistakes.
- Youth is the time to seize opportunities; to be reckless; to fall down, pick yourself up and change direction; to pursue your dreams and make them come true. It is a time for meeting new people and exploring new horizons; for charting great ventures and shaping your destiny.
- Youth has the advantage of health and fitness, supple bodies, boundless energy, fluidity of movement and sharpness of mind. Youth has resilience, endurance and perseverance. All these are exactly what is needed to enable them to put their creativity and talents into action to build enterprises, communities, nations – to build a better world.
- Youth has the opportunity to win the world. The world is their vehicle and they can drive it in the direction which they want it to go. With ambition and determination youth can overturn challenges and create great opportunities; overcome obstacles; reshape society and improve the world in which they live.
- Youth carries with it a certain element of fearlessness and adventure; Youth dares and sometimes it is necessary to dare; to take risks in order to achieve beyond the ordinary. Many of the world’s heroes are persons who were daring in their youth.
The Young Will Learn How to Get There but the Elders Have BeenThere!
Youth and Age - Work Jointly
Youth cannot, however, function in isolation; the daredevil of youth must be tempered with the perception and prudence of age. The elders have been there; they have wisdom which comes from experiences which might have brought either success or failure. Whatever the case, they have stories to tell and knowledge to pass on. The youth must therefore reach out and access that knowledge bank that their parents built from years of living. In their own wisdom they will determine what is useful and beneficial to them. Certainly, older people are always willing to pass on their wisdom and share their experiences with the younger generation. In fact they delight in doing so!
Elder and Junior
Bridge the Generation Gap
The youth will conquer the world, but the elderly might already have experienced this victory. Each in his own sphere has a vital contribution to make. Jointly youth and age can make the mountains move!
Youth in Society
- Formula for Success for Young People
Formula For Success For Young People : Sound Goals + Education + Training + Computer Skills + Discipline and Commitment + Positive Attitude + Strong Connection With the Almighty God = Successful Life
- The Young Generation - Help Them Succeed
Today's youth are fully aware of the negativity which surrounds them in society, yet despite society's disapprobation , many continue to fight the good fight to change this negative perception.
- Leadership - Being a Youth Leader
It is not easy to be a youth leader in today's society as there are many societal pressures which exert strong influences on young people causing them to compromise their values and behave wrongly.
- Youth - The Wonders of Being Young
Youth is the time to seize opportunities; to take risks; to fall down, pick yourself up and start again; to pursue your dreams and make them come true; to explore new horizons and shape your destiny.
- Empowering the Youth for a Better Tomorrow
Preparing the youth for adult responsibilities and for taking their place as future leaders should not be taken for granted. It is the duty of the older generation to facilitate this preparation.
- Youth in Today's Society
We cannot continue to blame the youth for the problems in modern society. “Children learn what they live and they live what they learn” (Dorothy Law Neite), hence adults must model correct behaviors.
More by this Author
There are many factors which influence student motivation; these include school as well as non school factors. Students bring to the classroom varying types of extrinsic motivation.
I have developed this three-part Poetry Tutorial to assist students and teachers in analyzing poetry. Tutorial 1 will examine structural devices used in poetry.
When describing it is important that you engage the reader fully by making him see, hear, feel, taste and/or smell that which you are describing; you should use language which appeals to the senses.