Tips for becoming a healthy bodybuilder
Fitness, diets, staying in shape and losing weight:
My advice on fitness, diet, and healthy nutrition for losing weight by not only running and cardio exercises but also working out vigorously like a bodybuilder.
1) Spot reduction is not possible, no matter how much you try, you'll lose fat in the way your body is genetically designed to, you cannot get flatter abs, and cellulite on thighs, nope you will only lose fat evenly on your body or the way you are genetically designed to.
2) Usually the more fat you have on a body part, the longer it takes to start the fat burning process from there. In my case, I started losing inches on my tummy after losing fat from everywhere in my body.
3) Every 2 months, take 10 days rest, decondition your body, and start again with a totally different exercise schedule, otherwise fat loss plateau will occur. I was doing high intensity cardio 3 days a week + weight training (HST workout) 3 days a week, plateau came, I took 10 days rest and now will start 5 days weight training + 4 days low intensity cardio for change in routine.
4) Eat 5-6 small meals a day.
5) Try to eat more proteins than carbohydrates or fats.
6) Reduce the calories very slowly, but strictly cut on junks, fried's, alcohol and smoking.
7) Don't work 3-4 days a week, but workout 6 days a week, and don't put your maximum intensity all of a sudden, weight loss takes time, but I bet in 3 months and you will love your new self.
So far no medicines or supplements have been found to help weight loss. There are a lot of hunger depressants, which kill hunger pangs, which make you, eat less, which will eventually lead to weight loss, but they may also have very devastating side effects. You say you used to weight lift, and that means you are not just physically strong but mentally strong to suffer a lot of pain and hardship to get what you want. So try some aerobic weight training and restrict the amount of carbohydrates, up on the protein intake and say no to all forms of sugar like biscuits, Pepsi, milkshakes, chocolates, ice creams, pastries, and all junk food. You have gone through the tough period of waiting to see your muscle grow a millimeter-by-millimeter, but in this case, the results will definitely come faster.
Is hydroxycut beneficial for fat loss?
Don't waste your money. The only effective fat lost supplements were the ones that combined caffeine and ephedrine; but, as you know, the second ingredient has been banned based on lies. All current fat loss supplements are crap.
Furthermore, Hydroxycut was always a bad supplement, mostly because Muscletech has a long tradition of bad quality assurance. It was underdosed, and the "star" ingredient, hydroxycitric acid has been shown many times not to be useful for fat loss.
Non-ephedra based weight loss supplements do not work. Based on my study and personal experience, the caffeine/ephedrine combo is the only thing that works. Herb or not, it is still a powerful chemical and the main problem people mainly youngsters were having was not seeing if their bodies were sensitive to the effects of ephedrine-based supplements prior to taking it. They would take 3-4 times the recommended dose with the mentality of "Well if one is good, then 4 is better" and then combine it with a very strenuous training regime. Some of the side effects of ephedrine-based supplements are dehydration, nausea, jitters, and headaches, to name a few. So don't waste your money on non-ephedra based supplements and if you do take ephedra products, then make sure your body can handle it first before using it on a consistent basis.
There are still some places you can purchase ephedra, if you still want it. visit Netnutri site which has Metabolife, Trimspa products and supplements. Obviously, you can proceed at your own risk, but what's already been sold to retailers is still available for sale.
Supplements carry a big risk for future side effects
There is a drug called xenadrine and it is supposed to accelerate your metabolism and thus burn more fat. Many bodybuilders claim to have used it with good results. However this preparation is not approved by the FDA and there are reports saying that it can lead to heart attacks at an early age.
More by this Author
Cheeks84, I am also suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome plus hirstuism. I am a 26 year old women, height 5 feet 5 inches, current weight is 70 kg, and my periods were regular, but just some months before my...
Getting pregnant with irregular periods is not very easy but not impossible at the same time. The first thing which comes in everyone’s mind who is reading this topic is that a women can get pregnant easily if she...
In very simple terms, PCOS or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is a genetic problem with various hormonal manifestations. It presents with a rainbow of symptoms, including: difficulty losing weight, a tendency to gain...