Yoga Postures for Health: Make Your Body Flexible and Supple with Yoga Asanas
Yoga to Enhance Health
Yoga poses make the body supple and flexible, alleviate pain, discomfort and stiffness, and guarantee agility and limberness. Alongside, yoga also promises to calm frayed nerves and banish stress and its ill effects.
Two Yoga postures - the Sun Sequence and the Tree Pose have a beneficial effect on providing flexibility, which in turn stimulates the immune system and creates a sense of overall wellness.
Yoga Health Benefits: Improve Mental and Physical Health
Our body is made to move. Nearly everyone leads a desk bound, sedentary life, and thereby, tends to have stiff and lethargic bodies.
- Yoga warms up the body and eliminates rigidity, stiffness and pains in the neck, back and the calves. Regular practice prevents muscles, ligaments, bones, cartilages, and tendons from weakening.
- On a spiritual level, Yoga frees up blocked Prana (or vital force), and purifies and balances the Chakras (or spirals of energy). These Yoga postures stretch stressed muscles, make your body more flexible and boost endurance and immunity levels appreciably.
- Regularity in Yoga is the secret for a fit body and mind. Begin your day with these 2 postures. These Yoga asanas limber and rebalance your body. Yoga works on the physical body, as well as promotes mental well being; it also generates psychic spaciousness.
- Regular practice will enhance your capacity to compose and quiet the mind and will also reduce the body’s susceptibility to stress.
Make Your Body Flexible with Yoga Asana: Suryasana (The Sun Sequence)
This asana massages all the joints in the body; it activates the spine, shoulders and the hips. It makes the belly taut and works powerfully on the arms as well. This Yoga posture has a profound influence on body’s metabolic activities and prevents obesity and weight gain.
- Stand erect, inhale and lift your arms above your head, palms facing each other; breathe normally. Let the spine lengthen.
- Now, interlace your fingers, inhale and raise your arms; push your body upwards giving the entire body a wonderful warm up.
- Now, twist to the left, hold for a few breaths, then twist to the right and hold for a few breaths.
- Return to your original position.
- Keeping the fingers interlocked, turn your body to the left, as much as possible, and look at the back. Give your spine and arms a deep stretch. Remember that your right leg shouldn’t collapse.
- Come back to the initial position.
- Likewise, twist to the right.
- Practice 3 rounds of Suryasana daily.
Yoga Posture for a Supple Body: Vrikshasana (The Tree Pose)
Vrikshasana is a wonderful warm up exercise, making the spine flexible, lithe, and supple. This pose supports the calves and the thighs, making them strong; just like the roots of a tree hold up the trunk and branches. Fundamentally, this asana helps develop good balance. Vrikshasana stabilizes and composes the mind as well.
- Stand straight. Keep your left leg straight and firmly planted on the ground; bend the right knee, such that it is in contact with the upper inner aspect of the thigh of the left leg.
- Balance; maintain focus.
- Inhale and lift your arms over the head and bring the palms together in a prayer gesture.
- Elongate your spine and stretch your entire body.
- Breathe evenly and hold the asana for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Do again for the other side.
More by this Author
Angular cheilitis is associated with formation of sores around the mouth and can be associated with several causes. The symptoms of the condition can be treated using home remedies and healthy diet.
Bile juices aid in the digestion of fats. During pregnancy however, bile reflux is fairly common and can lead to a host of unpleasent symptoms. Here are some herbs and home remedies along with some home based and...
Liver Cysts rarely have any symptoms; nonetheless, the condition hampers liver functions considerably. Home remedies help treat the condition successfully and keep the liver functioning optimally.