50 Romantic Ideas for Valentines Day
Valentines Day is traditionally associated with love, romance and showing you care. It is the one day in the year when you really should make that extra special effort to make your partner feel loved and special. Here are 50 romantic ideas which I hope you will be able to adapt into creating something unique for your partner.
- Run a hot bath for one or two.
- Wake up super early and cook a surprise breakfast.
- Make chocolate and set it in heart shaped molds.
- Put a flower under the car wiper.
- Send a romantic sms at an unusual time of the day.
- Make an effort with your appearance.
- Make a "treasure hunt" with notes around the house with clues leading to a gift.
- Leave a note and treat on the pillow.
- Put toothpaste on your partners toothbrush.
- Buy your partner a new ipad (hint hint to my hubbie here)
- Take your partner on a pampering spa day.
- Buy special coffee beans.
- Buy flowers or a plant.
- Light up candles to set an atmosphere.
- Buy your partner a book they aren't expecting.
- Take time off work to be with your partner.
- Turn off your mobile phone for part of the day.
- Go on a picnic.
- Go on a shopping trip.
- Do something you have been promising your partner to do for a long time.
- Buy something for the house.
- Reorganise a messy section of the house.
- Send your partner an e-card at a surprise time during the day.
- Hire a babysitter.
- Give your partner a massage.
- Plan some naughty games.
- Warm the house well and scent it.
- Fill the house with heart shaped balloons.
- Plan a trip abroad.
- Buy jewelry.
- Create a personalised gift like personalised towels, mugs etc.
- Keep the lights on dim.
- Listen to your partner.
- Give your partner a high quality shower gel or bath foam.
- Use a heart shaped cookie cutter to make anything from sandwiches to jello.
- Print and frame the best photo of that year.
- Go grocery shopping and buy food items you do not normally buy. Have fun exploring them.
- Make a homemade card.
- Make a valentine tattoo.
- Hide love notes in least expected places.
- Offer to do house chores you don't normally do.
- Do something unexpected, even if its just making a pot of tea when you normally don't.
- Rent out the DVD your partner has been wanting to watch for some time.
- Unplug the gaming device and turn off the internet.
- Place a nice fluffy carpet in the living room for you to relax on.
- Give your partner some time to themselves.
- Leave the bathroom clean.
- Offer to run errands.
- Create a CD of your favorite "your" songs.
- Make a card listing all the things you love about your partner.
More by this Author
A step by step guide with images of how to plant and use vetches as Christmas decorations. This is the Maltese tradition of gulbiena.
A quick and easy no cook Christmas Sweet Recipe
The bread maker can come in handy to get rid of those ripe bananas. Here is a delicious healthy banana bread recipe.