10 Things I'm Thankful For -- My Thanksgiving List
Giving Thanks This Year
As Thanksgiving approaches, it's easy to get swept up in the negative aspects of the holiday season: the crowds, the noise, the pile up of assignments at work as everyone scambles to take a holiday vacation. This year, however, I'm taking the time to stop for a moment and remember some of the good things in my life. With that in mind, here is my list of things that I am thankful for.
More Features And Writing By NaomiR
- Revenge Of A Band Geek Gone Bad: Naomi Rabinowitz: Amazon.com: Kindle Store
Check out my novel! Revenge Of A Band Geek Gone Bad: Naomi Rabinowitz: Amazon.com: Kindle Store
- How To Annoy Your Husband (And How My Husband Is Annoying)
- Celebrating The Other Man In My Life: My Gay Best Friend
- My Top 10 New Year's Resolutions
Each New Year's, I make some new resolutions. Here are my top 10 new year's resolutions for this year. My goal is to keep these resolutions and not break them!
- New York City Thanksgiving -- Thanksgiving In New York City
- Twilight Christmas Ornaments -- Christmas Gifts For Twilight Fans
Does you have someone in your life who loved Twilight? Here are some great Christmas gifts for Twilight fans.
- Christmas Gourmet Chocolates
If you love gourmet chocolate or know a fellow chocolate lover, buy them a chocolate gift basket for Christmas!
- Christmas Gifts For Kids -- Toy Instruments
Buying kids toy instruments for Christmas is a great way to introduce them to music. here are some great toy instruments for Christmas.
- Christmas Nesting Dolls -- Nesting Doll Collections
Christmas nesting dolls make great decorations or stocking stuffers. Nesting dolls are beautiful and fun to arrange, and come in plenty of colors and sizes. Russian dolls make for a great collection.
- New York City Christmas Events -- Celebrate Christmas In New York City
Christmas in New York City is always a fun time of year. I've always loved seeing the lights when it's Christmas in Manhattan and seeing the tree at Rockefeller Center. I highly recommend celebrating Christmas in the Big Apple.
- What Do Jews Do On Christmas? Christmas For Jews
- How To Throw A Hanukkah Party
My Thanksgiving Holiday List
1. I'm thankful for the friends I have. This is going to sound so cliché, but my friends are the best I could ask for, and are truly like my family. My best girl friend is someone whom I've known literally since we were babies, and she's like a sister to me. Meanwhile, my best guy friend is awesome and goes above and beyond the call of friendship. I mean, this is a guy who got up at 4 a.m. to carry my bags for me when my plane arrived late during one of our vacations together. It doesn't get much better than that.
2. I'm thankful for my family. I'm fortunate in that my parents and in-laws have become friends, so it makes for a really nice Thanksgiving dinner each year. My husband's aunt and uncle always host it, and we usually have a very pleasant day together with minimal fights. The only argument I can remember breaking out during my 12 years of attending was when I got into a fight with one of their friends over Buffy, of all things. This man wanted to watch football and I wanted to watch the Buffy marathon. He then declared that Buffy was violent and was responsible for corrupting the minds of our youth. I argued that football is even more violent -- and that unlike Buffy, it was not make-believe. Needless to say, this guy did not like me very much. He eventually shut up, so I guess I won our little debate.
3. I'm thankful for my cat. Maya is sweet. Maya is cuddly. Maya is awesome. I don't know where I'd be in the world today without my Maya to watch over me and guide me. It's as simple as that.
4. I'm thankful that I live in New York City. Yeah, I'm biased, but to me, NYC is the best place on Earth -- and I've been to a lot of places, so I do know what's out there! We've got great food, museums, entertainment, a mix of cultures ... I still smile every time I cross over the bridge and see our wonderful skyline in the distance.
5. I'm thankful that I've gotten to travel so much. I think that visiting other countries has broadened my horizons and made me a much more interesting and understanding person. There's still a lot of the world that I haven't seen and I'm looking forward to exploring the rest of it. So on that note, I'm thankful that our world is so big!
6. I'm thankful for the Internet. The Internet has opened so many doors for me in terms of my writing and music. Also, sites like Facebook have allowed me to get in touch with old friends. I think back to my college days in the early '90s and don't understand how I ever survived without obsessively checking my e-mail.
7. I'm thankful for Mother Nature. She's given us beautiful turquoise oceans, tumbling waterfalls, rainbows, rocky red cliffs and rolling, green fields. I'm still in awe whenever I catch a gorgeous sunset or come face-to-face with a snow-capped mountain. We all need to take better care of our planet.
8. I'm thankful for chocolate. I love chocolate. Chocolate rules. I'm not picky, either -- I'll eat anything from gourmet chocolate to a Hershey bar. The more the better...
9. I'm thankful for the good in people. I tend to be in cynic, but just when you write someone off, they'll often surprise you. Now that I've been making more of a point to do charity work, I'm encountering more and more wonderful people, who are serving as my role models.
10. I'm thankful for my husband. Next April, we celebrate 10 years of marriage. I don't know how he puts up with me sometimes, but he does, and we're still having fun together. I don't know what I'd do without him.
Amusing Take On the Story Of Thanksgiving
More by this Author
Funny Christmas gifts are great for secret Santa office exchange gifts or as a gag gift. Here are ideas for funny Christmas gifts.
Planning an 80s theme party is easy if you have the right stuff! Here's how to plan an awesome 80s theme party!
Making wire wrapped jewelry is a fun and useful skill. Here are tips on how to make jewelry and what tools are needed for wire wrapped earrings, wire wrapped necklaces and wire wrapped bracelets.