16th Birthday Messages, Wishes, and Poems: What to Write in a Card
What to Write in a 16th Birthday Card
Turning 16 is a milestone in many different cultures. 16 is right in the middle of the teenage years–it's the median age between 13 and 19, the highpoint of adolescence, and 16-year-olds may have some of the highest standards of humor when receiving funny birthday wishes. Keep in mind that you don't have to be funny and you can instead acknowledge some positive traits of the birthday boy or girl, if you prefer.
16 is a milestone because it marks the minimum age for driving. When you write in a 16-year-old's birthday card, feel free to joke about driving. The following will give you some ideas of what you can write to the new driver.
Your 16-year-old may not be all that excited about driving, and in that case, you can use another focus such as "sweet sixteen" or just being a teenager. Examples of these are also included below.
Fun and Funny 16th Birthday Wishes
If you don't want to be totally serious, you can use one of these funny and fun birthday wishes for people turning 16. Don't forget to add some personal information and details and use inside jokes if you can.
- You only get to turn 16 once. Have a great time on your birthday.
- At 16, you are a middle-aged teenager. You have 3 years behind you and 3 years ahead of you in your teens. You probably won’t enjoy the next time you are called middle-aged, so have fun on your 16th birthday.
- At your age, you are the least experienced driver on the road without a driving instructor in the car. You are what everyone else on the road is worried about. Congratulations on your scary new status. Happy 16th!
- You’re 16, and I’m issuing you a license to have an awesome birthday! Enjoy!
- Your parents are secretly excited about you turning 16. They no longer have to be your chauffeur.
- Stay sweet as long as you can, even though you will only be 16 for the next year.
- 16 is a year of gaining independence. Be careful with yours.
- Now you can actually drive a car instead of just driving your parents crazy.
- 16 is the perfect age: you get the independence without all the responsibility.
- You might be getting birthday gifts on your 16th birthday, but your auto insurance company is getting a birthday premium, too.
- You are growing up way too fast. Happy 16th birthday!
- You’d be an adult in some countries in the world. With that in mind, I’m sure you’ll have no problem buying your own car, paying for your own insurance and gas, and paying to repair it.
- You AUTO be just about old enough to drive now that you’re 16.
- Whoever called your age ‘sweet sixteen’ must not have been from this century.
Happy 16th Birthday Wishes
These are some positive messages that will work well for 16th birthday cards. If you are writing to a good kid, these will work fine:
- "You are really growing up to become a neat person. 16 is a really fun age, and I hope you have a blast this year!"
- "Happy 16th birthday! You are definitely growing up and showing maturity. It's cool to see what great things you are accomplishing."
- "The question of if you'll have a successful year comes down to whether you will make wise decisions and hang out with good influences. I trust you to have a great 16th year!"
Happy 16th Birthday
Happy Birthday Texts for the New Driver
- Hpy 16th Bday! Dnt Txt N Drv!
- Congrats! You're Driving! Now Put Down the Phone!
- U Put the Sweet in Sweet 16!
- 16 X's and 16 O's! <3
- Yay! I have another chauffeur!
- This text is your present! Ha ha!
16th Poem for a Card
Poetry can be a nice way to convey your thoughts and wishes on a birthday. You can use this poem for your 16th card, or write your own:
16, The Perfect Age
Now you are sixteen years old
And you're old enough to drive
But not enough to be an adult
Where one day you'll arrive
No worrying about being older
You've plenty of time for fun
Responsibility is still minimal
Your childhood is not yet done
You are the perfect age now
And you may not realize it
Many adults would gladly trade
Your perfect age at 16, for a zit
Benefits of Turning 16
What's the best thing about turning 16?See results without voting
- Birthday Messages: What to Write in a Birthday Card
What should you write in the birthday card? Here are over 90 examples of birthday messages, wishes, and quotes organized by category, including funny, milestone, belated, family, quotes, etc.
- Milestone Birthday Wishes: What to Write in a Card
Use these milestone birthday messages as examples of what you can write in a birthday card for people turning a big number. The major milestones are included with links to more help if you need it.
More by this Author
- EDITOR'S CHOICE4
Use these thank you card messages to help you with wording for your card. Expressing your gratitude and saying thanks can be difficult. Edit these to fit your situation.
- EDITOR'S CHOICE1
These are examples, instructions, and tools to help you write your get well card messages. You can comfort or entertain with the perfect words to help them get well soon.
- EDITOR'S CHOICE16
Sympathy card messages can be difficult to write. These are many examples of sympathy messages for a loss. Use these to help you comfort and encourage a grieving person.
Leave Your Ideas for 16th Birthday Messages
No comments yet.