18th Birthday Card Messages: What to Write in an 18th Card
What to Write in an 18th Birthday Card
Milestone birthdays like 18 and 21 are a great chance to write a birthday message that is themed to the age the person is turning. The following examples of 18th birthday card messages are meant to give you some ideas of how to address the changes that occur at the age of 18.
Turning 18 is a very fun time for most people. At 18, the main change is legal adulthood and all its new freedoms. Becoming an adult legally while being at a great energetic age is the beginning of endless potential. Many graduate from high school this year; those expanding horizons are accompanied by a new level of expected responsibility and maturity.
Turning 18 is a huge test to see if someone is going to become an adult or remain stuck as a child. Whether yours is a funny or sincere message, write an 18th birthday note that encourages the person to grow into adulthood with grace and wisdom.
18th Birthday Cake
18th Birthday Card Messages
Here are some examples of what to write in an 18th birthday card. Most of these are funny, but some have an underlying message of maturity or wisdom:
- When you turn 18, something magical happens. Your parents get off your back, friends and coworkers automatically show you respect, and you’ll start getting a ton of money in your birthday cards.. …JUST KIDDING!
- Did you feel yourself gaining weight just now? That was the weight of responsibility that your parents have been carrying for you until now. Welcome to adulthood!
- It’s finally legal for you to be… ARRESTED!
- Now that you’ve made it to 18, you can legally start killing yourself slowly with cigarettes. Congratulations!
- While I’m wishing you a happy birthday, I want to congratulate your parents for no longer being responsible for keeping you alive.
- You’re finally old enough to no longer be scared of your parents’ punishment, but unfortunately, you are now old enough to be scared of jail. Happy 18th birthday!
- Now that you are 18, even the law states that you should know better than to do stupid crazy stuff that you might have gotten away with as a kid. You’ll have to come up with a better excuse now.
- Enjoy being an adult and a teenager for the next two years. You’re a double threat.
- You’re 18. It’s time to move out and get a job, right?
- Congratulations on being a grown up adult with all the rights, privileges, and responsibilities that go along with your new title. Be wise.
- As a follower of Christ, your transition to 18 should be considered a test of your faith. You now have many new temptations that you didn’t have as a child. Face these with God’s help. I’ll pray for you to be strong in your faith.
- The tobacco industry would like to wish you a very smoky birthday, and they want to let you know that you’re not too young to start... investing for retirement.
- Many older adults envy you at the age of 18. After all, you are in your physical prime, and you can enjoy the many freedoms that adults have. Good thing you don’t have much money, or you would be better than old adults in every way, right?
- There are many things I am sure you have heard that 18-year-olds do. At 18 you can get a credit card, gamble, get married, enlist in the military, buy tobacco, and get a tattoo. Being 18 also allows you to do some underrated activities including voting, signing for your own student loans, paying utility bills in your own name, working more hours, leasing an apartment, and diversifying your retirement portfolio. Welcome to adulthood and the many opportunities you now have.
More Help Writing Your Birthday Message
- Birthday Messages: What to Write in a Birthday Card
What should you write in the birthday card? Here are over 90 examples of birthday messages, wishes, and quotes organized by category, including funny, milestone, belated, family, quotes, etc.
- Milestone Birthday Messages
- Things you can do when you turn 18 (a full list) « scatterbeams
What's the best thing about turning 18?See results without voting
More by this Author
Use these thank you card messages to help you with wording for your card. Expressing your gratitude and saying thanks can be difficult. Edit these to fit your situation.
Sympathy card messages can be difficult to write. These are many examples of sympathy messages for a loss. Use these to help you comfort and encourage a grieving person.
This is a list of positive and negative coping skills. Positive coping skills benefit you while negative coping skills cost you something. Use these coping strategies to help you manage stress.