20th Anniversary Wishes: Quotes and Messages to Write in a Card
What to Write in a 20th Anniversary Card
20 years is 175,316 hours. While it's true that some of those hours are spent sleeping, this is a lot of time to be married. As a major milestone, you might feel a little more pressured to write a great anniversary message.
These are a variety of different things to include in a 20th anniversary wish to your spouse or friends as you celebrate a committed marriage. Think of the unique qualities of the couple as you read, and select one that fits perfectly. Below are friend and family wishes, messages for your spouse, and quotes about marriage.
20th Anniversary Wishes for Friends
Use this list of wishes for friends who are celebrating their 20th anniversary.
- May your next decade together be even better than the last two!
- You've waited 20 years for this anniversary card!
- 'Hindsight is 20/20.' So you should be able to easily look back on your years of marriage with clarity.
- At 20 years, you've been married longer than most people stay in a career. You must have figured out who the boss is in the relationship.
- You've had 20 years to perfect your roles at husband and wife. Do you still need more practice?
- If your marriage was a person, it still wouldn't be old enough to drink. Maybe we can toast to your marriage next year.
- You have 20 reasons to be congratulated on this anniversary!
- We're wishing you joy as you celebrate 20 awesome years together!
- 20 years is no joke. The next 20 years won't be either, but I'm wishing you many laughs along the way.
- The first 20 years are always a lot more difficult than the second 20 years, so the hard part is over now.
- You have consistently proven your commitment to each other at least 20 times.
- After 20 years of learning from each other, you owe each other some tuition. Good thing you are sharing room and board!
- I bet it was difficult to imagine what it would be like to be married for 20 years when you first got married. Now you have to try to imagine being married another 20!
- Keep being an amazing couple. You're an inspiration!
- We're wishing you an awesome 20th anniversary. May your relationship be blessed!
- May the Lord grant you many more years of adventure, love, and companionship!
- I'm sure that you have stayed married for 20 years, just so that you could get a card from me saying 'Congratulations!'
- A score is 20 years. Lincoln would wish you a Happy 'Score' Anniversary. I'll just say Happy 20 Anniversary!
20th Anniversary Wishes GraphicsClick thumbnail to view full-size
20th Anniversary Messages for Your Husband or Wife
These are examples of what to write to your spouse in a card for your 20th anniversary.
- When we got married 20 years ago, I was so excited to be marrying you. I'm still excited, but I have a lot of great memories with you now.
- I'm excited and grateful to be celebrating our 20th anniversary! We have been blessed with a great amount of time. I can't begin to express how much I love you after these 2 decades of marriage.
- 2 decades has not been enough time with you. I need more!
- We made it to 20 years! I'm glad we still have each other to lean on and laugh with.
- I've loved you for the last 20 years, and I'll love you the next 20.
- I'm glad that you let me be yours for 20 years. I still don't think it has been long enough though.
- Each anniversary that goes by is an opportunity for me to renew my vows to you, but I haven't done that officially. I still want to be married to you the rest of my life!
- We've had 19 anniversaries, but this one is the one I get to spend with you today. That's all I want to do. I want to hang out with you.
- I've been blessed to live through 2 decades with my best friend! Thank you for an amazing 20 years together.
- I am thankful for 20 years with you full of struggles, fun, adventures, and companionship. Our love gets sweater by the day!
Quotes for 20th Anniversary Cards
These are some cool quotes that will work well for a couple who have been married for 20 years.
- “The art of love... is largely the art of persistence.” -Albert Ellis
- "A wedding anniversary is the celebration of love, trust, partnership, tolerance and tenacity. The order varies for any given year." -Paul Sweeney
- "Life is better with your best friend, that's why I Married mine!"
- "However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband." -Ephesians 5:23
- "Being in a long marriage is a little bit like that nice cup of coffee every morning. I might have it every day, but I still enjoy it." -Stephan Gaines
- "Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads, which sew people together through the years." -Simone Signoret
Quote Graphics for Wedding Anniversaries
More by this Author
These are examples, instructions, and tools to help you write your get well card messages. You can comfort or entertain with the perfect words to help them get well soon.
Sympathy card messages can be difficult to write. These are many examples of sympathy messages for a loss. Use these to help you comfort and encourage a grieving person.
Use these thank you card messages to help you with wording for your card. Expressing your gratitude and saying thanks can be difficult. Edit these to fit your situation.
No comments yet.