21st Birthday Messages: What to Write in a Card
What to Write in a 21st Birthday Card
Turning 21 is a big birthday milestone that deserves a great greeting card message. At 21, you are considered a "real" adult even more than when you were 18. New legal rights such as buying alcohol and hand guns, gambling, and renting a car make the 21st birthday a risky and exciting time for those who might indulge in these activities.
The following birthday card messages are for a friend or relative who is turning 21. Use these as-is or edit them to your own tastes.
Funny 21st Birthday Messages
Use these funny messages to keep the 21st birthday card light and fun:
- Happy 21st! Now give me your keys.
- I hope that turning 21 is tons of fun. Happy birthday!
- Turning 21 takes the fun out of all the stuff you wanted to do earlier but couldn’t. Everyone knows that it's a lot more fun to do things that you aren't allowed to do.
- The government would like to send you a special birthday message by making it legal for you to poison your liver, kill your brain cells, and lose your inhibitions. Enjoy your birthday present.
- Just because it’s legal doesn’t mean it’s a good idea. Happy 21st birthday!
- There are many more ways to have fun when you turn 21, but don’t let the rest of your 20s be a blur. Be responsible with your new legal privilege.
- A lot of people consider 40 or 50 to be over the hill, but in reality there’s not much to look forward to after 21. It’s all downhill from here.
- Making it legal to drink and own a handgun on the same day seems like a government conspiracy to me. Maybe they didn’t get the memo that hand guns and drinking don’t mix.
- Most things are legal for you now except running for president.
- You are in your physical prime, and you are treated like an adult. Fortunately, you are not expected to have any real responsibilities. Congratulations on being the perfect age of 21.
- There’s really no reason to drink at all on your birthday. You have the whole rest of your life to ruin with alcohol.
General 21st Birthday Wishes
Use these is you want to wish someone a happy birthday but aren't looking for anything especially funny or meaningful. Here are some short message ideas:
- I hope 21 is a lot of fun.
- It has been more than a year since you've been a teenager.
- Have an awesome 21st birthday, and make sure you don't do anything I would do.
- You're officially 21! Congratulations on the milestone.
- Have a very memorable 21st birthday. It only happens once in a lifetime.
- 21 is the perfect age. I'm jealous. Happy 21st birthday!
- Only nine years until you're in your thirties.
Serious, Religious, and Inspirational 21st Birthday Messages
These are serious, inspiring, or religious messages. Your meaningful words will probably stand out in the crowd:
- 21 means you are still full of so much potential. I am excited to see what great things await you in the future. For now, have a great birthday!
- 21 is the perfect age to do something important! May you feel inspired and empowered to do great things this year!
- As you turn 21 and society is telling you how important this rite of passage is, keep in mind that you were created by God for a purpose. Ask yourself if you are honoring Him with your ritual of celebration. Happy birthday!
- It’s a possibility that Jesus drank some wine on his 21st birthday, but he probably didn't get drunk. Ask yourself what Jesus would do as you celebrate your 21st.
- You’re turning 21. I have two words for you: be careful!
- On the day after your 21st birthday, the party is over. Keep in mind that God loves you and created you for a special purpose.
- I'll be praying that God continues to use you for His purpose and glory as you mature in your faith and love through the power of His grace.
- You are solidly in your 20s now. I can see you getting more solid in your values, beliefs, and goals. Happy 21st!
- I can't wait to see what life has in store for you this year. I know that you can accomplish your goals because you are talented and persistent.
What do you think?
Which is the biggest, most important milestone birthday?See results without voting
More Things to Write in Birthday Cards
- Friend Birthday Wishes: What to Write in a Card
These are examples of what to write in a birthday card. Friends are important people who deserve a great message in their birthday cards. Use the wishes, sayings, and poems for your friend.
- Milestone Birthday Wishes: What to Write in a Card
Use these milestone birthday messages as examples of what you can write in a birthday card for people turning a big number. The major milestones are included with links to more help if you need it.
- Birthday Messages: What to Write in a Birthday Card
What should you write in the birthday card? Here are over 90 examples of birthday messages, wishes, and quotes organized by category, including funny, milestone, belated, family, quotes, etc.
More by this Author
Use these thank you card messages to help you with wording for your card. Expressing your gratitude and saying thanks can be difficult. Edit these to fit your situation.
Sympathy card messages can be difficult to write. These are many examples of sympathy messages for a loss. Use these to help you comfort and encourage a grieving person.
Words have the power to tear down or build people up. Use these words of encouragement to help someone who needs a little inspiration. These are encouraging quotes.
No comments yet.