7 Nice Things To Write Your Mom for Mother’s Day
Mother’s Day is coming up in just a few days. If you still haven’t gotten a gift for your mother then you may be panicking about what to give her. The truth of the matter is that no matter how old you get, you’ll always be your mother’s kid. What does that mean? It means that your mom is going to be happy to get anything that you make for her by hand just like she did when you were in kindergarten. Because of that, it’s better to save your money and stop looking for the perfect gift. Instead, you should give her something that comes from the heart. Even those people who are not great writers will find that they can probably give their mom a great Mother’s Day gift using just a pen and paper.
Here are ten ideas of things that you could write for your mom for Mother’s Day this year:
1. A poem. It really doesn’t matter how bad you are at writing poetry. Your mom is going to think it’s cute that you made the effort to write her a poem. The sappier the better when it comes to most moms although you’ll want to adjust your level of sappiness to what you know about your own mom. The idea is just to express in a short series of lines what it is that you appreciate about your mom. The best poems will describe her and the little things that you love about her. It can rhyme, it can be a haiku or it can just be several sentences. Mom will be so surprised that you did this that she’ll love it even before she reads it.
2. A love letter. We always think of love letters as romantic things that we have to give to spouses and significant others but the truth of the matter is that they can be written for anyone that we love. Sit down with a piece of paper and really pour your heart out in telling your mom why you love her so much. Let her know what you remember from the past that has stayed with you and what you’re thankful for about her today. Write it on nice stationary and seal it in a pretty envelope. Your mom won’t want anything else for Mother’s Day.
3. A shared journal. One of the things that can really bring two people close together is to share a journal. One person starts the journal and then passes it along to the other person who adds to it and then passes it back. Simply buy a blank journal and make that first entry then give it to your mother as a gift for Mother’s Day. This is a great gift for siblings to give to their mom together since all of you can write in it and pass it amongst the entire family. You can write about memories, dreams, thoughts or anything that you wish you said more often to your mom.
4. A list. If you don’t fancy yourself as the writing type then you can probably at least muster up the courage to write a list. After all, everyone can do that. Ideas of lists that you might make for your mom include a list of all her great traits that you hope you’ve inherited, a list of the best memories that you have shared with her or a list of things that you’d like for the two of you to do in the upcoming year. A simple list written on a nice piece of paper can go a lot further than you might think.
5. A book of quotes. If you can’t quite find the words that you want to say from your own mind then maybe you would prefer to borrow the words of other writers. There are many, many quotations out there about mothers. Search around online to find the quotes that really resonate with you. Copy them carefully into a small journal and decorate the journal to give to your mother. The words may not be your own but they’ll send the right message to your mom for Mother’s Day.
6. A Mother’s Day card. There’s nothing wrong with sticking to the traditional. Even if you can’t afford to get your mother a gift for the holiday this year, you can certainly afford to get her a Mother’s Day card. Make the card from scratch if you want to do something really special. Or simply include a heartfelt message that tells her why you wanted to write something for her in the first place.
7. A message on a cake. If even the idea of writing out a card is a bit much for you to consider then maybe what you’d like to do is to send your mom a simple “I love you” message. You can bake a homemade cake for her and write that message on it in icing. This means that you’ll be giving her a handmade gift that she will know was crafted with love. Similar options include embroidering the message onto a pillow or blowing up a favorite photo and writing it on the bottom.
These are just seven options that you might consider which will allow you to express your feelings for your mom in writing to give her a great gift this holiday season. There are many other creative things that you can write for your mom and none of them require you to take a lot of time or to spend a lot of money. All that you need to do is to consider what it is that you want to tell her and figure out the best form to say it in. Believe me, your mom is going to remember a gift of words far longer than she’s going to appreciate anything that you might think about buying for her this year.
- Inexpensive Mother's Day Gifts She'll Love
Whether it's the first time or the 50th, the question is always there...what to do for her for Mother's Day: something that shows how much you care and appreciate everything she does -- without breaking the...
- Mother's Day Quotes - The Best Collection of Mother'...
This is a collection of the best Mother's Day Quotes that you can use to tell your mom how you feel about her. No matter how you celebrate Mother's Day this year, don't forget to tell your mom you love her...
- What Mom's Love About Mother's Day
I know. Everyone is wondering what to get their mother for Mother's Day. I understand the frustration, the desire to get something that tells your mom how much you really love her. Good for you!! ...
- Paint A Picture For Your Mom On Mother's Day
Painting a picture for you mom would be a very thoughtful mother's day gift. This project will be of a moderate cost because you have to buy a canvas, paintbrushes, and paint. However, if you are like me...
- Free Vintage Mother's Day Scrapbook Paper and Embell...
These free vintage Mother's Day scrapbook papers and embellishments come in pastel colors accompanied by flowered Victorian images and cheerful stripes.
More by this Author
One of the most obvious ways that people celebrate St. Patrick’s Day is to hit up the local Irish bars with their friends and family. After all, the Irish are known for loving their pubs and many of the...
There are some cities that people tend to flock to every year at New Year’s Eve. That’s because these cities have the best New Year’s eve parties or the best reputation for being a great place to ring...
How can you tell if your mushrooms are turning bad? Find out the most common signs to look for before throwing them out.