Fun Mother's Day gift ideas
Not sure what to get your mom for Mother's Day?
Thank God for Mother's Day! After all the different "jobs" that a mother takes on in an average day, they deserve this one day (it should be Mother's Week) to relax and feel appreciated for all of their hard work. Making mom feel extra special on this day is the least we can do.
Not sure how to show your appreciation? I've compiled a list of some easy and fun gift ideas for Mother's Day. I hope to help alleviate some of the guesswork in shopping for the woman that raised your bratty ass:)
Money saving gifts
1. Greeting Card--please don't just pick out the first card you see. The inside of the card should read more than "Happy Mother's Day", at least take the time to choose something that you feel represents your mother. If she lacks a sense of humor, then a card reading "If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't be a mother" may cause some problems. Opt for something short, sweet, and poetic. Here is a website for greeting cards: Hallmark.com
***NEVER forget the chocolates: Fannie May Chocolates
2. Aaaaah, flowers. Probably the most purchased item on Mother's Day, flowers and plants can be an inexpensive and beautiful addition to your mothers home. Here is a website to give you some ideas: Pro Flowers
3. Visit or call your mother's favorite restaurant and choose a nice, convenient gift card for a low price. Of course you can spend as much as you want on gift cards, but if you're low on cash like many of us are, one good meal at her favorite eatery is a great way to go. Here are some suggestions: Restaurant.com
4. Art--there are many ways to give wonderful works of art at affordable prices. Check this out: art.com
5. Home Decor, knicknacks, and collectibles are great gifts to give. If you have the slightest clue as to the things that make your mother happy in life, or simply what her present collections are, this is an easy and many times inexpensive way to show you care. There are many great ideas at these sites: The Knick Knack Shelf
Mother's Day gift ideas for $50 or more
1. Spa Package--In my opinion, one of the best gifts you could get your mother, if you have some money to spend. Any mother, no matter the age, deserves to relax and be pampered: Create your own spa & pamper gift basket: Design It Yourself
2. Gift Baskets--there are zillions of different gift baskets out there. Find one that suits your mother here: Chocolate.com
3. Home and Garden gifts for all the green thumbed mothers out there: Home and Garden for Mother's Day
4. Jewelry--A mother's ring is something that any mother would cherish forever. Here's an awesome site that offers create-your-own mother's jewelry and has several beautiful designs to choose from: Mother's Jewelry
5. Mini-vacation--If you have the money to afford a luxurious gift such as this, you will be your mother's favorite child for life! There are several websites out there that offer great deals on travel packages. You can even subscribe to the site and they will send you email alerts when the vacation of your choice is on sale. Here are a few: Hotwire.com
Mother's Day Quotes
• "The best way to keep children home is to make the home atmosphere pleasant -- and let the air out of the tires." -- Dorothy Parker
• "Sometimes when I look at all my children, I say to myself, 'Lillian, you should have stayed a virgin.'" -- Lillian Carter, at the 1980 Democratic Convention, where her son was nominated for a second term as US President
• "A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie." -- Tenneva Jordan
• "Why do grandparents and grandchildren get along so well? They have the same enemy -- the mother." -- Claudette Colbert
• "A mother's arms are more comforting than anyone else's." -- Diana, Princess of Wales
• "By and large, mothers and housewives are the only workers who do not have regular time off. They are the great vacationless class." -- Anne Morrow Lindbergh
• "I looked on child rearing not only as a work of love and duty but as a profession that was fully as interesting and challenging as any honorable profession in the world and one that demanded the best I could bring to it." -- Rose Kennedy
• "Women who miscalculate are called mothers." -- Abigail Van Buren
• "Never marry a man who hates his mother, because he'll end up hating you." -- Jill Bennett
• "No one ever died from sleeping in an unmade bed. I have known mothers who remake the bed after their children do it because there's a wrinkle in the spread or the blanket is on crooked. This is sick." -- Erma Bombeck
There are many more quotes like these at About.com
I hope you all enjoy your Mother's Day:)
More by this Author
What type of beard, mustache, goatee are you wearing? Here's what's sexy....
Ever had an experience with ghosts or other supernatural entities? I've had several interesting experiences with ghosts and I've written about some of them here. Please come and share your stories with me too!
Fashion from the 1980's has made its inevitable return to our closets. Fluorescent, big belts, big earrings, big hair, denim jackets, peace signs, leg warmers, ruffles, color coordination and crazy patterns are some of...