Aunt and Uncle Birthday Messages: Wishes and Poems for a Card
What to Write to Your Aunt or Uncle in a Birthday Card
Writing a birthday card message for an aunt or uncle can be more difficult than writing a message for your mom or dad. This is a resource for you to get examples and ideas. Now you won't have to stare at a blank spot in the card for several minutes. Take a deep breath and relax. It will help the juices start flowing for your creativity. All the help you need is here.
Before going any further, write down some attributes of your aunt or uncle. Think about personality characteristics that are funny or that you like. Then read through the examples on this page. Select the birthday wish that fits your aunt or uncle the best. Then you will have few more personal things to add to these aunt and uncle birthday wishes.
If your aunt or uncle is hitting a milestone birthday, your message could acknowledge that he or she is turning 30, 40, 50, 60, or 70. Also keep in mind that aunts and uncles might like message that have nothing to do with being your aunt or uncle. Just write the message that says what you want to say.
Sincere Birthday Wishes for an Aunt or Uncle
If you need something sincere to write in your card, these positive and inspirational messages will do the trick.
- It’s a lot of fun having an uncle like you. I hope your birthday is a lot of fun too!
- I want to wish a happy birthday to someone who is a good listener, warm hearted, generous, and who also happens to be my aunt. Happy birthday!
- On your birthday, I am filled with a sense of gratitude for getting to have you as my aunt/uncle as for having you as a member of our really cool family.
- I get to feel special on your birthday, because I know that not everyone gets to know how great it is to have you as their aunt/uncle.
- You have always felt more like a parent than just an aunt/uncle. I hope you have a great birthday.
- Happy birthday to an aunt/uncle, mentor, and friend! I’m blessed to have been born with you already in my life.
- I said a little prayer for you to have a great birthday.
- I hope your birthday is filled with family you love, friends you enjoy, and fun like you never had at a younger age.
- I’m hoping that this next year brings you some amazing surprises besides your birthday presents.
- You always make me feel special on my birthday, so I just want to let you know that I hope you feel special on your birthday.
- Even though I won’t be there on your birthday to give you a hug, be ready to get a big hug from me the next time I see you.
- I can’t imagine having a cooler aunt/uncle to wish a happy birthday. Have an awesome one!
- As long as you keep having birthdays, I can count on one of my favorite birthday gifts. When I was born, I got to have a really cool aunt/uncle. You are a blessing to me.
- I’m wishing a one of a kind birthday for a one of a kind aunt/uncle.
- I hope you have a really fun birthday. You've been making my birthdays fun ever since I was born.
Funny Birthday Messages for Aunts and Uncles
Use these if you have an aunt or uncle who has a good sense of humor, and you want to write something funny in his or her birthday card.
- You’re usually full of so much good advice for me that I want to give you some good advice for your birthday… Have an awesome birthday! That’s what I would do.
- It’s difficult to think of a birthday wish for a ‘monkey’s uncle.’
- You are my favorite aunt/uncle who was born on this date.
- Even though you are getting older today, I bet you are still very strong. Aunts are strong enough to carry six times their body weight… or is that ants?
- Don’t worry about feeling old this year on your birthday. You are just an InFAunt , which stands for “incredible, fun, aunt.”
- I want to wish a happy birthday to someone who truly knows the reality of living with one of my parents.
Acrostic Poem for an Aunt
Writing an acrostic poem for your aunt could be a cool way to say happy birthday. Here's an example of a poem using the letters of A-U-N-T. You could also add an acrostic poem of your aunt's first name so that it says "Aunt ____."
Acrostic Poem for an Uncle
Here's an example of an acrostic poem for your uncle. Add his first name to make it longer and include more details about him. Here's a start.
Some Aspects of Aunts and Uncles
Aunts and uncles are special people in most people's families. They serve as a secondary set of parents, and yet they can be more like mentors or friends. Here are some other specific aspects of aunts and uncles to think about when writing your birthday message.
- They grew up with one of your parents
- Your grandparents are their parents
- They are necessary if you want to have cousins
- They are good at teaching nieces and nephews
- They probably are glad that they don't have to raise you
- You can learn a lot from aunts and uncles about what your parents were like as kids
More Examples of Birthday Wishes
- Belated Birthday Messages: Funny and Sincere Card Wi...
Use these belated birthday card messages to smooth over any hard feelings someone might have for being late with a card.
- Milestone Birthday Wishes: What to Write in a Card
Use these milestone birthday messages as examples of what you can write in a birthday card for people turning a big number. The major milestones are included with links to more help if you need it.
- Birthday Messages: What to Write in a Birthday Card
What should you write in the birthday card? Here are over 90 examples of birthday messages, wishes, and quotes organized by category, including funny, milestone, belated, family, quotes, etc.
Which is More Difficult?
Is it more difficult to write a birthday messages for your aunt or uncle?See results without voting
More by this Author
Use these thank you card messages to help you with wording for your card. Expressing your gratitude and saying thanks can be difficult. Edit these to fit your situation.
These are more than 30 examples of what to write in retirement cards or say in a speech honoring a retiree. Be funny, inspirational, or nostalgic.
These are examples, instructions, and tools to help you write your get well card messages. You can comfort or entertain with the perfect words to help them get well soon.
No comments yet.