Baby Shower Planning Tips
Happy Baby Shower Planning!
Congratulations on being nominated for the "best friend or family member" title. If you are hosting a baby shower for someone, then clearly that title is the perfect fit for you! You may have volunteered to host it (most likely) or someone could have asked you to do it, but no matter which way the responsibility bestowed itself upon you, it's still exactly that - a responsibility.
You may be happy with it, you may not be. Either way, in the end it will all be worth it just to see the happiness on that special mother-to-be's face.
Don't stress over this. You can do it, and with the help of this thing we call the internet, you'll be a professional baby shower planner in no time! (Figuratively speaking, of course.)
Planning a Baby Shower At a Glance
Planning a baby shower definitely takes a lot of time and planning, but if you follow the steps and make sure your bases are covered, you can't help but be successful at it! Planning a baby shower essentially requires these steps (we'll cover them each individually later on):
- Send out invitations
- Prepare the food and drink menu
- Decide on activities to play
- Decorate for the shower
- Host the shower
Sounds simple enough, right? Well it is. Those are the basic functions of hosting a baby shower. Of course, each function has its own details to include.
It's a Poll!
Would you rather attend a baby shower at a home or in a party room?See results without voting
Choosing the Time and Venue
Before we get to send out invitations for the baby shower, the first step is deciding when and where the shower will be.
When deciding when the baby shower should be take these into consideration:
- Don't schedule the shower during an important sporting event - you want to make sure you get the most attendance
- Don't schedule the shower during a prime meal time unless you plan on serving a full meal
When deciding the venue for the baby shower, take these into consideration:
- If you have a large guest list and your home won't accommodate many people, you may want to consider renting out a party room
- If your home is far away from many of the guests, you may want to host the shower somewhere more conveniently located
Sending Out Invitations
After you have chosen the date, time and place of the shower, now it comes time to send out the invitations! A few key reminders for getting the most out of this step:
- Make sure you send the invitations out about 2 weeks before the shower. Too early means people could forget about it, and too late could mean people already have plans.
- When it comes to choosing the invitations, there is no right or wrong way. Choose a design that compliments the theme of the shower. If the colors are going to be pink and white, keep the invitations pink and white.
- Put an R.S.V.P on the invitation. Give a deadline for the R.S.V.P. Make sure to mark down any guests who R.S.V.P. (Keep the list by your telephone so you can easily update it.) It helps in the preparation for food.
You can find other helpful baby shower tips here. The more you know. ;)
Keep Yourself Organized!
Meat and Cheese Tray
Wrapped Candy Bags
Baby Shower Bingo
The Dirty Diaper Game
Baby Name Race
Bottle of Wine
Remember this - keep the food spread plentiful but simple. Follow this rule and you'll be golden.
Food and Drink Menu
It is an absolute must to serve food at a baby shower. Don't worry though, it's not as tough as it seems. As long as you don't have the baby shower at a prime meal time, appetizers and finger foods work great.
Some tips to keep in mind for the food:
- You want to have a variety of things for your guests to nibble on
- Meat and cheese trays and veggie trays and fruit trays are a mixture
- Dips are great because it allows the guests to "graze"
- You can buy large party subs and cut them into small pieces
- It's not always cheaper to make your own trays
Some things to keep in mind for the drinks:
- You don't have to serve alcohol
- You can serve alcohol
- Lemonade and iced tea are great options for a baby shower
You have many options when it comes to choosing the food menu. Don't limit yourself, but also don't panic! Keep it simple and you'll be fine.
Don't Forget the Decorations!
Baby Shower Games, Favors and Prizes
Games, favors and prizes are all an important part of planning a baby shower. Having games or activities planned will not only liven up the party, but it will keep it moving at a consistent rate. Nobody likes to be counting the minutes for the party to end. Here are some great tips to keep in mind:
- Choose 3-5 games or activities to play
- Remember prizes! Every game must have a winner. Make sure you get enough prizes for the amount of games you are going to play
- Take ties into consideration - you may want to have a few extra prizes on hand just in case
- Baby shower favors are a great way to say thank you to your guests for coming
- Favors can be something little. Just a token of appreciation - wrapped candy bags for example
And We're Off!
Hopefully, this hub has provided you with simple tips you can implement and keep in mind while planning the perfect baby shower. If you have other ideas or tips you'd like to share, please leave a comment below!
Happy baby showering!
More by this Author
Trying to decide whether you should have a baby shower? Why every mother should have one.
Baby shower gifts are one of the most important things a new mother can receive before her baby is born. Here are some cute and creative ideas for great baby shower gifts.
If you are hosting a baby shower and have activities planned, you need prizes! These cute and affordable prize ideas will help make the baby shower you host unique and perfect.
No comments yet.