Baby's First Valentine's Day: Outfits, Books, Toys, Gifts, and More
A baby's first holiday is the perfect excuse to do a little extra celebrating. Valentine's Day is no exception. Of course a new outfit will be the first item on the list. There are a number of other fun options to consider, too, such as toys, games, book, sensory play, and photo ideas. Happy Valentine's Day! Enjoy the holiday with your little one.
- How to Make a Fabric Headband
Learn how to make a variety of fabric headbands as well as fabric flowers for headbands. Many of these tutorials are appropriate for a wide variety of ages. They include both sewing and no sew projects.
- Free Valentine’s Day Sewing Patterns - Yahoo Voices - voices.yahoo.com
Valentine's Day does not have to cost a lot with these easily customized free sewing patterns.
- baby valentine's day outfit on Etsy, a global handmade and vintage marketplace.
Most Valentine's Day baby outfits are red and white with lots of hearts. The girl outfits are often frilly with lacy skirts and sleeves. As a new parent, you're well aware of how frequently babies can go through outfits. Prepare for outfit changes and think about rotating a handful of special holiday items throughout the day. Here are just a few outfit and accessory options to consider as you plan for Valentine's Day.
- Virtually any clothing item or accessory that has a heart on it and will keep the baby sufficiently warm
- Onesies with cute Valentine's Day sayings or features (i.e. a cupid with a bow and arrow, a red and white polka dot printed tie)
- "My first Valentine's Day" t-shirt or onesie
- Red frilly dresses and skirts
- Knitted or crocheted caps with hearts
- Headband with a large red flower for the girls
- Red or red and white bow ties and/or suspenders for the boys
- Red socks or shoes
- Free Crochet Childrens Hat Patterns
You'll find an entire page of links for free crochet children's hat patterns. Included are cute animal hats, ear flap hats, and even sun hats.
- 10 Gorgeous Free Crochet Toys for Babies Patterns
Every baby deserves gorgeous crochet toys, handmade with love. Here are 10 free patterns you can use to gift every new baby you know.
Toys and Gifts
As you shop for a few special baby toys and gifts for Valentine's Day, keep your eye open for red, hearts, and other holiday themed items.
- Roller toys
- Key toys
- Stuffed / plush / felt hearts and cupids
- Stacking / nesting toys
- Red or red and white patterned crocheted or knitted socks or shoes
- Teething toys
- Tag toys
- Lovey blankets
- Wooden blocks
- Amish puzzle ball
As you select books to share with your baby for the first time on Valentine's Day, consider age-appropriate board books as well as classic tales that you will both enjoy reading over and over again on a regular basis.
- Ten Valentine's Day Books for Infants and Toddlers - Yahoo Voices - voices.yahoo.com
A listing of ten Valentine's Day books appropriate for reading to infants and toddlers.
- Pictures - Six Valentine's Day books for babies and toddlers - San Francisco Fiction | Examiner.com
View a slideshow of ‘Board books for babies and toddlers about Valentine's Day and love.'
Tip: Consider using a sensory bin or tub that is large enough for babies to sit in completely so that they can feel all of the materials easily with both their hands and feet.
Choose a large bin or tub to fill with sensory bin items. You can opt for a wet base material such as water, shaving cream, or Playdoh or a dry material such as rice, dried beans, or unpopped popcorn kernels. Some people like to dye the rice in festive colors, such as red, purple, or pink, for the holidays. Consider adding any of the following items to your Valentine's Day sensory bin to maximize baby sensory play.
- Cookie cutters
- Cups / measuring cups
- Measuring spoons and other kitchen tools (i.e. wooden spoons, plastic spatulas and ladles)
- Heart ice cube trays
- Foam balls
- Pom poms
- Small containers
Take care to select items that a baby cannot swallow easily, and supervise a baby at all times during sensory play.
Baby Sensory, Baby Development classes - Sensory Development
Preserve one of two of your baby's first Valentine's Day events in a special frame for the holiday. There are lots of beautiful handmade frames available online through sites like Etsy. You can also make your own frame. There are dozens and dozens of DIY picture frame ideas out there that are simple to customize with Valentine's day colors and/or themes. Don't be afraid to pull ideas from different tutorials and blog posts and create a unique design that fits your personal decorating tastes and preferences.
Photography Tips- Kids Valentine's Day Photo Shoot
- Valentine's Day Photo Ideas: Photography Props and More
Are you planning a Valentine's Day photo shoot? Make your session complete with fun props, accessories, and backdrops for babies, kids, and couples.
- valentine's day photo props on Etsy, a global handmade and vintage marketplace.
Games for you and baby to play
Fun and Games
- Hide large plush or felt hearts under a large bowl, overturned bucket or tub, or under a blanket and help the baby "find" them.
- Offer a large bucket or bowl for the baby to place the same hearts or other small Valentine's Day toys and then take back out again.
- Make noise makers out of cardboard tubes or other appropriate items, fill them with rice or beans, and seal them securely. Decorate them with hearts and/or Valentine's Day colors. Babies may also have fun chasing the noise makers around on the floor.
There are so many fun ways to celebrate Valentine's Day together as a family.
- Things to Do in Chicago for Valentine's Day: Events for Families and Kids
Are you looking for family friendly events in Chicago for Valentine's Day? There are lots of cheap options and special deals throughout the city with something for everyone.
- Valentine's Day Card Ideas: How to Make Unique Homemade Handmade Cards
This article is about Valentine's Day card ideas. It contains over ten different projects to make your own unique homemade handmade cards. There are lots of pictures and resources.
- Valentine's Day DIY Paper Crafts: Book Page Craft Ideas
Are you looking for some easy book page craft projects to make for Valentine's Day gifts this year? Choose from handmade DIY tutorials for wreaths, banners, wall décor, ornaments, and more!
© 2014 Rose Clearfield
More by this Author
Are you looking for reading comprehension and other literacy activities, themes, and ideas for kids this Valentine's Day? There are a wide range of fun options for preschoolers and kindergarteners.
Are you looking for Valentine's Day home decor ideas? This article has over ten tutorials for easy decorating craft ideas, many of which you can make with kids.
This article is a collection of sample interview questions and answers for special education teachers. It also contains a number of tips and considerations for the interview.