Best Christmas Gifts for Your Child's Teacher
Looking for something to give your child’s teacher this Christmas? From fluffy slippers to picture frames that play music, classroom teachers have received just about every gift imaginable. Their advice? They get a plenty of lotion, bubble baths and soaps. Nearly every teacher already has a mug, Christmas ornament or t-shirt that reads “World’s Best Teacher.” While candies and sweets are nice, twenty five trays of fudge is well, twenty-four (ok, maybe twenty-three) too many.
Now that I have children in school, I, too, will be picking out gifts for their teachers. Here is a list of gifts that any teacher would love:
1. Gift Cards: Do you think giving gift cards is cold and impersonal? Not at all. Teachers love them. A few dollars at a coffee shop, school supply store or a craft store can guarantee a smile on a teacher’s face.
2. Classroom supplies: Many teachers I know have to supplement their classroom budget when it comes to buying basic supplies. Consider giving a teacher a three-box pack of facial tissue, a packet of stickers or several boxes of crayons. Don’t know what your teacher needs for his or her classroom? Take a look at my first suggestion.
3. Charitable donations: Most teachers are socially conscious, caring people. Give a few dollars in the name of your child’s teacher to a local charity. Present the teacher with a card (handmade cards are always appreciated) with a note explaining that a donation was made in honor of your kid’s teacher. Nothing like a little charity to spread the holiday spirit.
4. Time: Teachers can often be found working well into the evenings or on the weekends. Most parents volunteer during the day while school is in session, which is great. But things have to get done after hours, too. Volunteer a few minutes after school or on the weekend to help clean toys, organize the classroom library or take down last week’s projects from the wall.
While every gift a teacher receives is truly appreciated, over the years teachers will accumulate many of the same types of gifts. Instead of another mug, give your child’s teacher something that might make their jobs, and their holiday, a little brighter.
Gifts That Give Back
- Discount School Supplies
Discount School Supply Store--A teacher's dream!
- 25 Top Children\'s Charities
Children's Charities: Did you know that of the almost one million charities registered in the U.S., many support children in one way or another. If you want to use your charitable dollars to help children, which is the best charity to choose? Here is
- Charity Gifts - Eco-Friendly Gifts - Do-Good Gifts - Quick & Simple
These presents pull double duty: Not only do they add a little light to whomever you give them to, but they help make the world a bit brighter too.
- Gift Cards to Just About Any Store
More by this Author
Many new Young Adult realistic fiction novels hit the shelves this last year. In 2010, both veteran and novice novelists turned out books written from a teen boy’s perspective. These novels dwell on issues that...
Valentine's brings out the romantic in all of us (okay, most of us) and is the perfect time to read a love story. Love stories come in lots of shapes and sizes, though. Here are five recommendations that are five very...
I teach reading at a pretty run-of-the-mill high school. I am in my tenth year as a teacher, but this is my first go at teaching reading to high school students. Students in my classes are usually two or more grade...
No comments yet.