Birthday Quotes and Sayings: Funny, Witty, Romantic, and Wise
Birthday Quote Graphics for PostingClick thumbnail to view full-size
Funny Birthday Play on Words
Funny Quotes about Birthdays and Aging
Sayings about Birthdays and Aging
Although sometimes less personal than writing a specific birthday message, a good birthday quote can communicate a thought in a more eloquent, meaningful, funny, or inspirational way. Most often, memorable birthday sayings are actually one liners or jokes.
Use these famous and original birthday sayings to accomplish what you want to accomplish. If you want to be romantic, encouraging, or make someone laugh, there are examples below for you to use. Another option is to make up your own saying, by looking at the following examples and coming up with your own ideas. If you do, feel free to leave your ideas in the comment sections at the bottom of the page.
Funny Birthday Quotes and Phrases
Funny birthday sayings are the popular choice for birthday cards. Think about the style of humor your birthday card recipient enjoys, because you'll want the person to get the humor.
- "Last week the candle factory burned down. Everyone just stood around and sang, 'Happy Birthday.'" - Steven Wright
- "Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been." -Mark Twain
- "I'm at an age when my back goes out more than I do." -Phyllis Diller
- "Life would be infinitely better if we could be born at the age of eighty, and gradually approach eighteen." -Mark Twain
- Birthdays might be mandatory, but lying is always optional.
- You know you're getting old when your cake consists of more than 50% wax.
- Birthday cakes are bad for you because they are high in aging.
- If you lie about your age on your birthday, make sure you choose a comfortable number.
- Take it from me. Two things that get more difficult as you get older are jogging and... um, let me think. I just had it. What was it? I can't remember the other one.
- Usually, the more birthdays a person has, the older his or her friends become. Tell that to your friends the next time they give you a hard time about getting older.
- If someone forgets your birthday, take it as a compliment. You must not have aged enough to be noticed.
- It's tough to get away with saying that your age creeps up on you when all your friends remind you how old you are getting once a year.
- It's easier to figure out the true age of a woman over thirty by asking her how many years she's been lying about her age.
Inspirational Birthday Saying
Witty Birthday Sayings
Witty birthday sayings are meant to make a person think. Many times humor is embedded in a witty saying, but there may be a larger context or satirical theme.
- Wouldn't it be a lot easier to just celebrate everyone's birthday the day after Labor Day?
- The problem with birthdays is that they only come once a year. The good thing about birthdays is that they only come once a year.
- You can't outrun aging. But the better shape you are in, the longer it will take for your age to catch up with you.
- If you celebrate birthdays, you're an optimist.
- Do people still want you to be happy on days other than your birthday, and if so, why don't they say "Happy random day!"
- Birthdays are like cigarettes. They are impossible to quit, and eventually they'll kill you.
- Birthdays are a time when people trade a year of their lives for jokes about aging written on a bunch of pieces of flimsy, overpriced cardboard.
- Some people are such blessings to others that their birthday represents the amazing gift that they are in others' lives.
- Attitude is the true measurement of age.
- A good friend will make you feel like it's your birthday every day.
Birthday Sayings about Aging
The most common theme at birthday time is aging, so here are a few sayings about getting older that you can use.
- Aging is one thing that doesn't get better with age.
- You can't outrun old age. But if you're in good shape, it will probably take longer for your age to catch up with you.
- Aging is only optional for those who figure out how to avoid having birthdays.
- The secret to staying young is to stay bored. 'Time only flies when you're having fun.'
- It's not smart to lie about your age as you get older. Each birthday gets you closer and closer to your judgement day.
- If people aged like fine wine, then nursing homes would be much more valuable.
- If you want to educate someone about the effects of smoking on health, celebrate their birthday twice as often. Then tell them that's how fast they are actually aging.
Wise Birthday Sayings
Wisdom seems to go along with age so well, that it only makes sense to include some wisdom related birthday sayings.
- Once birthdays start to become filled with denial instead of anticipation, one has become old.
- Gratitude is the foundation of a happy birthday.
- Birthdays are yearly reminders to live life to the fullest.
- The soul ages with grace. The body ages with a wrinkled face
- Age does not guarantee wisdom, but it can slow you down enough to give you time to think before doing stupid things.
- Birthday celebrations are a diversion to keep people from realizing their own mortality.
Romantic Birthday Sayings
Birthdays are a perfect time to be romantic with your special someone. These are just a few little flirty and romantic sayings related to birthdays.
- The best birthday presents between lovers need to be given in private.
- Growing old with your spouse is the privilege of the blessed.
- Some birthday gifts are meant to be shared.
- Love keeps the soul young
- A true sign of love is when you are more excited about someone else's birthday than your own.
Completing Your Birthday Card Message
The preceding birthday sayings, unless otherwise noted, are totally original. Using a famous birthday quote from a famous person is another option. If you're still not sure what to write, you can get help writing in a birthday card with plenty of examples and specific themes such as milestone birthday messages or messages for a friend.
More by this Author
These are examples of pet loss sympathy messages that you can use to write in a card for someone you know whose pet has died. Personalize these by adding specific details about the pet.
Sympathy card messages can be difficult to write. These are many examples of sympathy messages for a loss. Use these to help you comfort and encourage a grieving person.
These are messages, poems, and quotes to use for a Valentine's card, text message or other Valentine's wish. The wording examples are meant to express gratitude and acknowledge support for friends.
No comments yet.