Favorite Party Themes for Boys
The biggest challenge in planning birthday parties for young boys is coming up with a theme that will be fun not just for him, but for all his guests. It’s also important to choose a theme that is easy to incorporate, lends itself to a variety of different options (like using the theme for the cake, games and decorations), and won’t be overly expensive, which might mean taking advantage of a party rentals company. Below are a few easy and imaginative ideas to get you started.
1. Planes, Trains & Automobiles – Nearly all boys love machines, so tailoring a party toward planes, trains, and automobiles is a surefire way to make a party memorable. Ideas can include personalized invitations in the forms of ‘train tickets’ or ‘boarding passes’. Many parties also include gift bags for guests, and packaging these in brown paper under a ‘Baggage Claim’ sign can help complete the theme.
2. Cowboy – Another staple of any young boy’s dreams, a cowboy-themed party can include cowboy hats for each guest and themed games that can include a lasso-contest, hobby horse relay, and horseshoe tossing. Another big hit would be to hire a party rentals company to set up a petting zoo.
3. Pirate – A pirate-themed party is an easy one to pull off, and is most fun if all guests come in costume. Having an apple dunking (Walk-The-Plank) contest, and a one-legged race (Peg-Leg Relay) will keep everyone entertained.
4. Favorite Super Hero – This popular theme is also easy to accommodate, and can include customized invitations that give each guest a designated hero identity and an alter-ego. Snack ideas can include ‘kryptonite’ rock candy, cupcakes frosted with familiar super hero emblems like Superman and Batman, and snacks in individually wrapped cones made from comics.
- Birthday Party Inflatables
- Birthday Do's & Don'ts | Parenting
Everything you need to know, whether you're throwing or attending the bash
- Kids' Birthday Party Ideas - Real Simple
These kids' birthday party ideas are big fun for the 10-and-under set.
- Best Kids' Birthday Party Ideas | POPSUGAR Moms
It's your little one's special day, so there's no stopping Mom when it comes to planning the perfect birthday bash. Kids wait all year to celebrate their big days, and with one of these amazing party themes, they're sure to have the best days ever. F
5. Harry Potter – Personalized, handwritten invitations can be a fun part of a Harry Potter themed party. Smudging the ends with graphite dust or burning with a candle can produce an authentic aged look to the paper. A variety of creative liberties can be taken with food, such as creatively naming them. For example, you can whip up some Snitch Truffles, Freacle Tarts or Butter Beer. It can also be fun to divide guests into teams by having everyone pick a piece of paper from an old hat to find out which ‘house’ they belong to.
6. Sports – Because it’s such a broad theme, it is easy to customize it to the favorite activities of the birthday boy. Setting up signs around the house can enhance the mood – for example, setting up a “bleachers” area, or designating the bathroom as the “locker room.”
7. Mad Scientist – Having ready to wear costume kits for guests is a good way to complete this theme, including lab coats, safety glasses, and construction paper bowties for each guest. A number of fun and easy science experiments can be found online which often use simple, everyday kitchen ingredients.
Creative Birthday Party Ideas
More by this Author
countertop There are many different types of stone countertops that are offered on the market. One of the most popular nowadays is limestone. In the past couple of years, limestone has become an increasingly popular...
Depending on the environment in which your furnace operates, most HVAC companies recommend all filters be changed at least twice a year. If your home is located in an area with a lot of dust or dirt, you may want to...
The Kitchen is an important room in most homes, it’s where families cook and eat together. When considering a new kitchen layout it’s important to understand the pros and cons of each.