Christmas Cookie Favorites Prt 2 | Coconut Snowflake Bars | The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
These easy to make snowflake bars are a real joy to have around at Christmas time. I caution you though they do not last long on the plates, so you might want to double or triple up on this one.
This one also lends itself to some sweet variations as you can use Nestle Butterscotch Chips or sub walnuts for pecans, I also like to add a cherry or two on top after the bars are cut. Use your imagination on this one and you’ll have fun, this is pretty Kid friendly as well though you need to teach oven safety.
If you are going to ship these to troops layer them loosely over wax paper or tin foil sheets in the tin, they should make it OK. Do Enjoy!
Preheat oven to 350F (177 C)
½ Cup Butter
1 ½ Cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
1 Can (14oz) Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 Pkg (6 oz) Semi – Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 Can (3 ½ oz) flaked Coconut
1 Cup Pecans (finely Chopped)
- In a 13 X 9 in baking pan, melt the butter in the preheated oven. Remove the pan to the counter top.
- Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs evenly over the melted butter, pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the crumbs. Top with chocolate chips, flaked coconut, and nuts; press mixture down firmly and evenly in the pan.
- Bake in 350 (177C) oven for 25 – 30 minutes or until just lightly browned. Remove from oven and cool pan on rack. Chill if desired (recommended if you are going to ship them), cut into bars. Store loosely covered.
Yield 24 – 36 bars
Wikipedia gives a good history of the Coconut
“Coconuts received the name from Portuguese explorers, the sailors of Vasco da Gama in India, who first brought them to Europe. The brown and hairy surface of coconuts reminded them of a ghost or witch called Coco. Before it was called nux indica, a name given by Marco Polo in 1280 while in Sumatra, taken from the Arabs who called it جوز هندي jawz hindī. Both names translate to "Indian nut." When coconuts arrived in England, they retained the coco name and nut was added.”
More from Hammer Jammer 1
- The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book, was first published in September 1988 by my Father Mel Ellis, from recipes that literally were in the cupboard drawer that had been collected over the years by my Mom,...
- Outdoor Christmas Light Display Tips | The Basics
We had at our peak a little over 10,000 lights. Safety abd planning tips and led light suggestions,
- Emergency Car Tools for Women and Seniors | Impact Wrench and Battery Booster
Emergency Car Tools for Women, Seniors, and those with disabilities, recommended tools 12 volt Impact Wrench, 12 V Battery Booster, First Aid Kit, and Safety Vest
- Big Boys Toys | A Shopping Guide For Gals
This is a page for all you gals in a happy monogamous relationship to bookmark. This is a collection of links to product reviews that you may find useful when its time to shop for that Big Boy that is your...
Like What You've Read?? Give it a Thumbs up!
Do You have something to say??? Join Hub Pages - It's Free!!
You might just make some money as well!!
More by this Author
Here are a few of the $100K jobs available.. Jobs are in US Government locations overseas., Potential 100K+ during periods of deployment,
An adult only version of Twas the Night before Christmas, retitled "Twas the Night Before X-mas" Great adult party poem keeping in the seasons lighter side...Twas the night before x-mas; And all through the...
Easy diet dinner basics that can be used for 36 different meals off just these ingredients. A great set of night time diet recipes for less than 500 calories per meal. Pretty simple weight loss idea, as for the food Do...
No comments yet.