Christmas Drink Recipes - Festive Creations
Christmas brings to mind a time of celebration and for most families that includes a feast full of delectable dishes and festive drinks. These Christmas drink recipes will be a wonderful addition to your holiday meal.
Festive Fruit Punch Christmas Drink Recipe
No more boring punches at the Holiday table. These simple Christmas drink recipes will put more punch in your punch.
What you will need
- Juice pitcher or punch bowl
- 1 2-liter of: Sprite, 7-up or Ginger Ale (based on your taste preferences)
- 1 Regular sized container of your favorite frozen fruit punch
- Long ladle or stir stick
Directions for Festive Fruit Punch
- Place 3/4 to 1 full container of frozen fruit juice into juice pitcher or punch bowl (DO NOT ADD WATER)
- Pour 3/4 to 1 bottle of Sprite, 7-up or Ginger Ale over the frozen juice.
- Mix thoroughly
- Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled - 30 minutes to 1 hour
Fresh Creamy Eggnog
This is not your store bought eggnog and is therefore sure to get rave reviews from all who get to taste it. This has a better consistency and flavor.
What you will need
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Electric mixer or Whisk
- 12 jumbo egg yolks
- 1 pound granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 quart whole milk
- 1 quart heavy cream, lightly whipped
- 1 liter spiced rum (optional - can also be served on the side if desired)
- Pitcher or Punch Bowl
Directions for Eggnog Christmas Drink Recipe
- Beat your 12 egg yolks in a large mixing bowl. Adding the 1lb. sugar gradually to the yolks while mixing. Continue to beat mixture until it thickens.
- Heat 1/2 quart of milk until hot (not boiling-on the stove is preferable) and pour into the sugar/egg mixture while mixing.
- Add in the other 1/2qt of milk, vanilla extract and rum if including.
- Pour the eggnog base into a large pitcher or punch bowl and place in the refrigerator to chill for 31/2 to 4 hours.
- Fold the lightly whipped cream into the mixture then pour into individual glasses.
- Top lightly with freshly ground nutmeg.
My family has enjoyed these Christmas drink recipes for years and I hope that your family enjoys them as well. Being a mother I've always omitted the rum from the recipe but kept it on the side as an option for the adults. You can also easily double the recipe and make one for the youngsters and one for adults. Happy Holidays!
More Holiday Recipes
- Recipes- My Familys Traditional Christmas Treats
These are the treats my family would have after Christmas Candlelight service: Martha Washington Candy, sausage and cheese balls, fudge and more.
- Christmas Recipes: Out-of-This-World Holiday Dip
If you want a simple appetizer that will leave a great impression on your guests, make this amazing dip for your Christmas party.
- Gingerbread Cookies Recipe - Christmas Recipes
Learn how to make gingerbread man cookies with this easy gingerbread cookie recipe. One of the best holiday recipes for Christmas and Thanksgiving, plus favorite Christmas cookies for many. Have fun this Christmas learning how to make gingerbread coo